1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Frozen messaging app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Torin_93, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Torin_93

Torin_93 Newbie
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    So I froze my messaging app the other day and realized that I wasn't getting all of my texts sooooo I melted it and rebooted my phone. The notification popped up saying I had 400 unread texts. To my dismay I had no new texts haha but seriously there wasn't anything new. The reason I froze my messaging app in the first place was because I had GO messaging or whatever. How do I get the notifications away cause simply clearing them won't work because when I get a new texts the 400+ text notification reappears. So should I do a factory reset or call Verizon?

Advertisement

2. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    Male
    Tech @ Community College
    Spokane, WA
    LG has a proprietary notification system integrated with the native apps that pops up information on the lock screen including missed calls, calandar items, texts and so forth. I've had only modest success in suppressing these as I have 3rd party apps for most of these functions. You're right in that you can't freeze the native texting app. But, you can open it, go to the Settings menu and shut off all notifications for it. This worked for me as I also use GO SMS Pro and let it do it's own notifications and reminders. (Haven't had the same luck with the calandar. Even though I have notifications and alerts turned off in the calandar app, the lock screen notifications still come up. Same for missed calls.) - MarkC

3. Torin_93

Torin_93 Newbie
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I still have a notification that I can't get rid of on my lock screen.