• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boallen

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
Hi there .... My daughter has a CNM touchpad 7 (ice cream sandwich) which has become totally unresponsive to the touch when it is powered up ... It boots ok but when the home screen appears ... nothing will work .... I have tried all the reboot and hardset troubleshoots, but nothing ... even the part where the little android is lying on its back with the red warning triangle ... i dont get any instructions on screen ... can someone please help .... thanks.

Welcome to the forums boallen :)

I have moved this forum into the General Tablet Talk since you are having issues with your tablet and hopefully we will see if anything can be done.

If the touchscreen isn't working then you might want to get into contact with the Manufacturer.

Lastly, have you tried a factory reset on the device?

Upvote 0
Hi there .... My daughter has a CNM touchpad 7 (ice cream sandwich) which has become totally unresponsive to the touch when it is powered up ... It boots ok but when the home screen appears ... nothing will work .... I have tried all the reboot and hardset troubleshoots, but nothing ... even the part where the little android is lying on its back with the red warning triangle ... i dont get any instructions on screen ... can someone please help .... thanks.

Hello boallen. Digital Controller brings up some great points.. I'd like to add the "live battery pull" idea (obviously only workable if your device's battery is removable ;)).

With the pad 7 on and the screen showing, take off the battery cover and remove the battery. Wait about a minute then put it back in. Sometimes this acts like a "super reboot" and can shock the system into sensibility again.

If not, D.C.'s "contact the mfg" would be the next prudent choice, if it was not purchased from a carrier store. If it was purchased from a carrier store, "Sprint, T-Mobile," etc, then try them before contacting the mfg.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones