• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Frozen while booting into recovery mode

I recently rooted my phone with the ClockWorkMod program. I had previously booted into recovery mode, just to see what it looked like, and that I could do it.
I wanted to backup the system files, so I used the ROM Manager to
Boot into Recovery Mode. Well, that was a couple of hours ago, and
I'm still not there. The black screen with
SAMSUNG
:: Mobile Exciting!! - Samsung Mobile ::
is showing, and nothing is happening. Can anyone suggest a course of action to get this phone back to normal?

Samsung Epic 4G 2.2.1 (Sprint)
Best!
Ferrel

dont use rom manager do it urself from cwm its safer try to reflash the rom in cwm if that doesnt work u can always odin stock and start over

If holding down the 3 finger method (hold them down till the capacitive buttons light up) doesnt get you into clockwork, then you will probably need to odin to stock. Follow Tschofields video on how to do it in my sig and all the files needed are in the descriptions on youtube. Once your at stock I would root it with CWM 3.0.2.5 or the new Bonsai unlocker.

Upvote 0
If holding down the 3 finger method (hold them down till the capacitive buttons light up) doesnt get you into clockwork, then you will probably need to odin to stock. Follow Tschofields video on how to do it in my sig and all the files needed are in the descriptions on youtube. Once your at stock I would root it with CWM 3.0.2.5 or the new Bonsai unlocker.

I agree with this. Rom manager still seems broken for the epic. I cant speak for the bonsai unlocker but the new cwm has solved alot of bad flash issues.

Upvote 0
I agree with this. Rom manager still seems broken for the epic. I cant speak for the bonsai unlocker but the new cwm has solved alot of bad flash issues.

I'm not sure about the unlocker as my device was already rooted when it came out but I flashed Bonsai's new 4.1.1 and it gave me the Bonsai recovery and I have to say I am liking it way better than the CWM one. Less clicks with the volume keys, text seems more crisp and its fixed a few bugs in CWM for me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones