• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRP (Factory Reset Protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats the justification for rooting then? By those same standards. Your ripping off the Service provider. But thats ok right?
Actually rooting is not the same as carrier unlocking either (which can commonly be done without root). And one of the things blacklists are for is dealing with people who break contracts (if they don't work properly in your country that's the failure of your operators). In many countries IMEI modification is illegal by the way (which is fail enough, since I struggle to think of a legitimate reason for that. Oh, and that's also different from rooting).

I've rooted in the past in order to have better backup capabilities, better firewalling, make changes to the ROM or kernel to optimise the phone for my uses, and to make it possible to update devices after the manufacturer stops supporting them or to install a lighter operating system without the manufacturer's bloat. There are many legitimate reasons for rooting.

Upvote 0
Ok frp bypass for dummies...

Restart device and head through setupwizard.
when u get to the part about (this device has been reset)
first enter the account that was last synced to device....
then enter password...

Continue through setup wizard.
tada all done.
you bypassed frp.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I mean really if you're desperate
Now I really don't care that much, my whole point is you can't down on someone else for asking for help with illegal FRP bypassing when your real quick to help with illegal Rooting.

Well Now I'd have to disagree somewhat, When you get out in the open on some public channel and start being hostile about something as easy to circumvent as google's FRP is You Must Care pretty bad.

and if I am reading you correctly ....
...asking for help with illegal FRP bypassing...
the reason you care is because you are locked out of a device that either,
1: you found
2: You stole
3: you were given
4: you bought.

So depending on which of these applies to you you can ;
situation #4
take it in to the phone store where you bought it. / send it to the manufacturer /or/ take it to a reputable phone repair shop.

situation #3 ask who ever gave it to you to unlock it.... or take it to a phone repair shop,really a good shop will be able to fix it for you.

#1 well if you found a phone and can't get into it... shouldn't you be a good guy and try to find out who it belongs to and turn it in?
still, if your morals are questionable ... phone repair shops usually don't ask you a lot of questions...

#2 If You Stole SomeOne's Phone...
Shame on YOU!!! and if you take it to the repair shop... don't you think the guys gonna know?
he'll have access to all the stuff that the phone knows...
he may tell on you.

LMAO
but seriously I consider it a challenge to completely Pwn any device that I purchase .
that's why I root androids and jailbreak ios .
i like to be able to use an arm device as a mini computer, I love linux :)
and compiling a .bin for arm is great to do On arm.

now as for carrier locks.. that's in the modem there's not much you can do about it even with root access... except maybe change the modem, but that would mean a Lot of work, making the other "Brand's " modem software work with your "Brands" hardware becomes an issue because a lot of the devices vary in chipset between carriers now too.
But now days most of all that stuff is done with various paid online services... I think that most of them are a gimmick or outright scam.
some can carrier unlock you because they went and bought a block of well we shall call it "Numbers" from each carrier.
and basically that's like they call in and give the phone company your imie and they get your code.
email it to you for a price....
just pay the damn phone bill for 6 consecutive months and you can do it yourself....
don't believe me check.

see carrier unlock Rooting and FRP by-passing are all different things and one doesn't really relate to another,
except that if you have root access to a device it becomes easy to bypass FRP. which if you have root access to a device also means technically ... you own it.
if you own it you won't have to worry about frp right?

I generally disable frp on my devices after rooting them. because I make lots of changes to my test devices all the time and use different accounts on them sometimes.

My advice to you @Jason Ramirez is not to get all bent outta shape out here and start bashing on the guys over here, if you need help with things like this , you'll get a lot more help by following the rules of the forum and being polite and respectful of others.
see if you would have said
Oh ok guys, didn't know it's such an issue...
well then these guys would have talked a little more, people like my-self would have chimed in...
you could have sat back and listened and looked for someone knowledgeable like my self and some of the others here, and quietly , privately, respectfully asked them in private channels for a little help....

Probably someone would help you unless you come off as a total creep.
but now it's like a war zone over here and you've gotten the attention of some of the heavy hitterz in the Moderator team...
Let me assure you. these are not bad guys here.
want an experience? go ask for help on XDA LMAO

Just calm down bro, you'll figure out eventually that theres a million youtube videos about bypass frp on this device or that one.
well the methods are all pretty much the same...
just keep digging.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok frp bypass for dummies...

Restart device and head through setupwizard.
when u get to the part about (this device has been reset)
first enter the account that was last synced to device....
then enter password...

Continue through setup wizard.
tada all done.
you bypassed frp.

For information and reference; the FRP procedure is a bit different with Android (China) versions, that don't have any Google in them. I had to do it last summer, when I passed on an Oppo R9 Plus to a friend in the UK. I'd already shipped him the phone from China, but I forgot it was still associated with my China Unicom SIM and +86 phone number. And only way we found to clear the FRP was to put the China Unicom SIM back in, and it's reset and cleared by text message. Of course he had to wait until I was actually in the UK with the SIM to do this. And there's no Oppo service centres or agents in the UK.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones