• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRP Lock on S7 - Undetectable by Odin

How likely is to get the phone working again?

• No chance

• Absolutely no chance

• Tiny chance

Results are only viewable after voting.

khuram j

Lurker
Jan 2, 2018
Right guys I decided to root and install a custom rom on my Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F (superman S7 ROM) everything was going great until I restarted my phone one day and noticed it was stuck on boot for quite a while. Left it there for a few days as was busy anyway and when i put it on charge it just shows empty battery charging logo.now when i try to restart it it boots up with superman rom boot logo and says custom binary blocked by frp lock. Ive been through every forum and thread possible but couldnt find any solution.

When i put it in download mode and connect to odin it has no response from the pc. i tried connecting to kies, smart switch but doesnt detect the phone. Ive tried different laptops and usb cables including a brand new one from amazon. Ive tried installing samsung usb drivers but no luck. When i go on to Device Manager it shows as Samsung android adb interface, tried to update device drivers but no luck just shows error. Cant even do anything to the phone except boot to download mode. Also i dont know my serial number as I cant take the back off and dont have the original box anymore.

im afraid i might have bricked my phone but really hoping someone can help me out.

Same issue on my Galaxy J3 emerge after flashing a custom rom and accidentally factory resetting it from settings to sell the phone. Stupid ****ing frp lock me out of my own phone which now wont even boot or install drivers to my pc.

*Edit- luckily the battery pull trick worked for odin to recognize my device hopefully i can flash the stock firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones