• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRP: "Unable to sign in to device due to a unknown error"

rbressan

Lurker
Jul 10, 2017
Hello, Folks

So, I have this BLU Smartphone running android 6.0 and I did a factory reset (FRP Active) and when the device started again, it asked for the last Google Account the device was synced with. With all set, when I hit 'next', a toast message is displayed at the bottom: "Unable to sign in to device due to a unknown error. Please try another account or try to sign in again after 24 hours."

Relevant information:

-The Internet Connection is fine;
-The account I'm trying to sign in with is the previous synced account;
-The password was not changed before the reset (but, after some failed logins I changed the password; and the error remains the same);
-If I type a wrong password on purpose, the normal login error message is displayed.

If someone know a work-around or have some information, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Google FRP Error.jpeg
    Google FRP Error.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 6,218
Reactions: juror1
Hi folks - I have exactly the same problem with my daughter's tablet (Asus ZenPad). It just keeps appearing and I cannot use the tablet. Even after 1 month without trying (so the period should be passed) I am getting the same error over and over again.... Even though password of the associated account is fine.

I think it is a software bug in Android in this case. Any hint would be appreciated as now the tablet is useless in fact.

Reactions: juror1
Upvote 0
Hello, Folks

So, I have this BLU Smartphone running android 6.0 and I did a factory reset (FRP Active) and when the device started again, it asked for the last Google Account the device was synced with. With all set, when I hit 'next', a toast message is displayed at the bottom: "Unable to sign in to device due to a unknown error. Please try another account or try to sign in again after 24 hours."

Relevant information:

-The password was not changed before the reset (but, after some failed logins I changed the password; and the error remains the same);
-If I type a wrong password on purpose, the normal login error message is displayed.

Thanks in advance.

same problem

Upvote 0
Same problem here. I reset my phone and it askes me for old account synced with the phone. Basically if I had done that at first try, it would have been fine. But too many tries tries ruined it. Now I gotta wait 24 hours before trying again. So patience is key here. And try having everything ready before starting the verification process. Like old account... In another phone. Phone number , and a stable connection to the internet. That's my suggestion.

Upvote 0
I formatted an S7.
It asked to verify my account so I entered the gmail account that was previously on the phone. It recognizes the account. I enter the password, it sends a verification to my number via text, I enter the verification code, it tells me that an unknown error has occurred and to try again in 24 hours. I wait 24 hours and try again, same things happens.
I've used Google Authenticator app, the sms verification, and the S7 comes up on my Gmail account (browser) as if I'm logged in.

Tell me there's a way to bypass this without needing to plug my phone into my computer?

Upvote 0
I am getting desperate for help with this. My Motorola Droid turbo 2 is on its last leg and I'm trying to get into my Note 5, as that phone stays on. I reset the phone quite some time ago. I enter the appropriate Gmail and passcode info (I know it's right because the Google verification process sent the code via text etc) it asks if I want to save the device to my account. Regardless of what I chose it tells me due to an unknown error I can't be logged in and to try again in 24 hours. We I have been trying off and on for over a month. 24 hours have come and gone over 30 times. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I figured out my problem at least.

Samsung S7.
Took the phone to the Samsung store and the Techs looked at it for free.
Classified it as a "signal malfunction," said they were aware of the issue and sent it in for testing where they took off the factory reset protection.
When I got my phone back I booted it up and logged into my google account, no issues.
Process took about a week. No cost.

You will need to have proof of purchase for them to book the phone in.

This was in Sydney, Australia.

Upvote 0
OK guys,

So after you wipe the device using the administrative settings, which is

1. Shutdown Device
2. Turn on device using Volume Up + Power Button
3. Let go of buttons once you see the StartUp Logo
4. Wait for Device to boot up
5. Once booted up you should see a Text Menu (for older devices) or a GUI (for newer devices)
- For Text Menu use Volume Up + Volume Down to go up and down. Use Power Button to select.
- For GUI tap the option
6. Select the option Factory Reset Device (or anything with those 3 words)
7. After that, select Wipe Cache (or anything with those 2 words)
8. After cache wipe, reboot device.

Now after all that, try to sign in again...
If you have a problem with it (as in - not working) email me (Faith) at: faithcreed98@gmail.com

Reactions: Murr777 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hello, Folks

Relevant information:

Thanks in advance.
Has this been resolved? I am having same issue. I know my password. I even get an email on my PC saying an attempt to sign in too my samsung.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones