1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Fruistrated Newbie: Questions about the Geniatech/Mygica Android TV Box

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by hk.chill, Jul 25, 2013.

1. hk.chill

hk.chill Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    Hong Kong
    I just got a Geniatech/Mygica Enjoy TV V510 nano 3. This is my first android device and first time to use any kind of TV box and am frustrated that it does almost nothing I want it to do - I suspect the problem is that I want it to work like a desktop computer, but it works like a TV box with a mobile OS - correct me if I am wrong.

Question 1: Can the box be controlled by a wireless keyboard and Mouse via bluetooth? I turned bluetooth on in settings, but it can't find anything - have tried apple keyboard and trackpad and a generic bluetooth mouse...no joy. Surely they don't expect people to browse the internet with that annoying nintendo-wii-like controller? right?

Question 2: What's up with the browser and flash? I bought the box to stream TV - but whenever I try to stream from the browser - I get a blank screen. I tried the photon browser app but its - clunky, buggy, slow and now deleted.

Question 3. Is there a way to send movie files via wifi from laptop to an external harddrive attached to the android tv box? I can send files to the androids internal drive - but this is pointless as it is only large enough to store apps.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement