• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fruit Ninja

Do not uninstall it! You will not be able to get it back until that issue is resolved. I had the.same issue. Now I have no ninja :(

Yeah I made that same mistake. Found the apk but it wouldn't install, and then I went through a ton of hoops and finally got it installed through a .apk then force closed the market + the authentication app or whatever and it said I had it installed when I went to downloads in the market. Very weird. Was buggy me so much.

Upvote 0
This game kills me some times. I was rocking and rolling, slicing and dicing, I had over 100 and hadn't dropped a single fruit. I was hitting combo after combo and had hit at least two criticals. Then I got cocky, went for a combo and hit a freaking bomb. They need power ups in this game or at least a mode that offers them.

Upvote 0
Yeah I made that same mistake. Found the apk but it wouldn't install, and then I went through a ton of hoops and finally got it installed through a .apk then force closed the market + the authentication app or whatever and it said I had it installed when I went to downloads in the market. Very weird. Was buggy me so much.

Wouldn't it be easier to just pay for the app and not jump through hoops to steal someone's intellectual material?

Upvote 0
Am I getting crazy? I can't get past the screen where you have to select a blade. I click on a blade (obviously one I can select), try to slice it, do many other things... but I cannot get into the game itself. What am I doing wrong?

After you select the blade, are you slicing the pineapple at top right to actually select it?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
Sorry for taking so long to get on here, but I am from Halfbrick Studios (I am the Producer of Fruit Ninja) and essentially I'm here to listen to you guys and to help out with any issues you may be having and to learn more from you about the Android platform.

First and foremost, Android is new to us, we are learning and dealing with all the issues that the platform presents... and boy have there been some issues! With the vast amount of Android devices available, there have been more surprises than we ever bargained for.

To give you an update of where we are at: Undoubtedly the biggest issues seems to be people getting stuck at the Authorization stage of purchasing and downloading Fruit Ninja. From what we understand this is an issue with Google Checkout and we are working with (or trying to work with) Google to resolve this issue. There is a workaround that we have found and if you would like to get in touch with ANY technical issues you are having, please email me at support@halfbrick.com.

Before you all start flaming me with all sorts of pain... in our first update we did provide App2SD support and if you are still experiencing problems with this, again, email me so that I can help you resolve your problem.

Also let's talk about Multi-touch... This feature was dropped for Android as we simply had too many performance related issues across the board with this running (not all devices, but lots of them). Once we have dealt with all the installation and App2SD issues, this will be our number 1 priority task that we will be dealing with. However, it really should be noted that anyone who has played a lot of Fruit Ninja will tell you that using more than one finger (strategically) is a bad idea... still, you would be amazed at how many emails I get about this...

Anyway, I will be as honest and transparent as possible on these forums and please get in touch if there is something that I can help you with. Please remember, that we are not Android experts... we are learning heaps about the platform and I am here to learn more about it all from you.

All the best,
Fruit Ninja Team
Halfbrick Studios

Upvote 0
hey halfbrick studios, love your game, but the touch response has a bit of a lag to it on my htc hero, i understand that the htc hero is considered a slow phone now, nevertheless i still bought the game cuz i know ill be playing this game on my next android phone, also could you add in some way to save achievements, as you know we android users tend to flash new roms all the time which wipes our saved game stats. all in all, this is one of the most well made games out there, looking forward to your updates

Upvote 0
Thanks walkinhotdog,
The lag issue on the HTC Hero is one of the many issues/devices that we are working through atm, thanks for letting me know.

As for the achievement data, that's a bit trickier but we have been working very closely with the AuroraFeint people lately and this sounds like a very good suggested feature that we can get implemented. Currently the solution is to save the Achievement data locally and sync to the Feint servers... the problem is of course when the player does something like flash their Rom, everything gets out of wack and the syncing issues begin.

All the best,
Fruit Ninja Team
Halfbrick Studios

Upvote 0
Hey Halfbrick Studios!

Love the game! Multitouch is quite an issue with current android phones.
So I do understand why you guys aren't implementing it!

But can you give us some information about the new gameplay feature? (That "coming soon" fruit in the menu?) When it could possibly be released or what the update can contain. Or is this classified? :D
The video ,you guys released when releasing the game on the android, had some wicked features. Those fruites that fly on the screen from both sides , not the bottem of the screen.
Will this be implemented on android to?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

@diS - first, Multi-touch... We had to remove this feature from Android due to the issues it was creating across the vast range of Android devices, it is something that we want to put back in.

Arcade Mode (aka the coming soon banana) is currently in development for Android, I can't say much more in terms of release dates at this stage... the bad news is that you will see that Arcade Mode will be released on iOS next week. The primary reason for the delay on Android is some extra Feint functionality that we require. We are currently working with AuroraFeint to get this happening and as soon as more information about a release date becomes available I will let you know.

The really good news is that Arcade Mode rocks and definitely worth the wait!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_0xvgXDFg (bear in mind that this is an early build, but it will give you a pretty good idea of what it's about)

@Dan Fury - Thanks Dan, we are looking at porting a host of other Halfbrick games over to Android once we have resolved a host of technical issues that we have been having across the range of devices.

All the best,
Fruit Ninja Team
Halfbrick Studios

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

@diS - first, Multi-touch... We had to remove this feature from Android due to the issues it was creating across the vast range of Android devices, it is something that we want to put back in.

Arcade Mode (aka the coming soon banana) is currently in development for Android, I can't say much more in terms of release dates at this stage... the bad news is that you will see that Arcade Mode will be released on iOS next week. The primary reason for the delay on Android is some extra Feint functionality that we require. We are currently working with AuroraFeint to get this happening and as soon as more information about a release date becomes available I will let you know.

The really good news is that Arcade Mode rocks and definitely worth the wait!!

All the best,
Fruit Ninja Team
Halfbrick Studios

Thanks!

One more thing that I would like to ask.
Will there be a few more achievements coming with the arcade mode?
I really like achievements!!

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

The really good news is that Arcade Mode rocks and definitely worth the wait!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_0xvgXDFg (bear in mind that this is an early build, but it will give you a pretty good idea of what it's about)

@Dan Fury - Thanks Dan, we are looking at porting a host of other Halfbrick games over to Android once we have resolved a host of technical issues that we have been having across the range of devices.

All the best,
Fruit Ninja Team
Halfbrick Studios
Hey Halfbrick Studios;

Your game is great! Best paid app that I've downloaded on my Droid X (and it runs great on it). Can't wait to see your other stuff!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones