1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Frustrated by default Calendar App...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jgordon00, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jgordon00

jgordon00 Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I have a few basics things I was hoping the Calendar app would do for me so that I could stop using my old desktop app (Calendarscope) and officially move to Google calendar with sync on the Incredible.

I mostly use the calendar for events and always include a reminder so that I can keep track of my life. However, when an event reminder pops up on the Incredible I only have two options: Dismiss or Snooze. I can't snooze for 1 hour or 2 hours or 2 days (the way I might in Outlook). It's just "Snooze".

When I press Snooze, it seems that the event gets hidden for 10 minutes and then comes back. When I dismiss it, I no longer get reminded of it but it sits in the notification area.

When I go into the notification area, if I want to dismiss any one event, I cannot seem to do it. All I have options for are "Snooze All" and "Dismiss All". If I long press on any event, I don't get a menu that says "Dismiss this Event" or "Snooze this Event". I don't understand this...Am I missing something totally obvious?

When I go the settings of the calendar program and then into Reminder Settings, I see a checkbox at the end that says "Hide Declined events" but I don't understand how to "decline" an event. I only seem to be able to snooze and dismiss (as mentioned above). Again...am I missing something?

Please help! All I want is to be able to easily manage the snoozing and dismissing of individual reminders/events but this doesn't seem to work properly.

Advertisement

2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    NoVA
  3. jgordon00

jgordon00 Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Thank you that is precisely what I was looking for!