1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Frustrated! New Dinc2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lisses11, Sep 10, 2011.

1. lisses11

lisses11 Lurker

So I finally got rid of the moto droid 2, which I had to swap out for so many issues, and used my upgrade for the dinc2. I had it for 3 days, and although I feel its missing some pretty basic customization settings available with vanilla android, I like the look and feel of it.

Today, all the display lights on the bottom (for home, menu, back, search) just disappeared. I waited at VZW store for 30 mins to swap out the device.

I noticed immediately that the hepatic/vibrate feedback was 'weak' but I took it anyway, with 2 kids in tow touching every tablet in sight. FUnny, I mentioned it to the tech, he said "It kills your battery, you shouldnt have it on, but you can go into settings an turn it on." Besides the point, I want it on.

Of course, I was right, it IS indeed turned on, but very subtle. Should I trade again? Is this a sign of things to come? Anyone else have this issue? Im so incredibly frustrated as this is my SIXTH device Ive swapped out in a matter of 3 weeks. What a PITA!!

Advertisement

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

I'm sorry youre having such a hard time. A lot of Dinc2 users have issues with the haptic being weak. My phone's haptic started off good but got weak after a week or so.
    My suggestion is to get it swapped if it is important and pray the replacement is better.
    I have gotten used to the lack of a strong vibrate, but if you think a strong vibrate is a deal breaker maybe you'll have to switch out until you get a good one.

3. mikells43

mikells43 Newbie

my heptic you can hear it vibe when u touch the keys lol. dont go to a store. call 866 406 5154 and press option for trouble shoot ur device. there level 2 data tech support, they can auth a replacement over the phone and ship it to u so u dont have to waste ur time or money going to a store.

4. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but there is no way you got 6 bad devices in a row when 90% of us have zero issues with our phone. I think you are comparing the vibration strength of your old phone to the new one and expecting them to be the same. This is a slimmer phone and its made by a different manufacture. Its not going to have the same exact vibration as your old phone.