1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Frustrated Newbie - please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by titch27, Sep 14, 2011.

1. titch27

titch27 Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi...i am new to the site - so hello everyone!

I have had my phone about 3 days now...and I am struggling I will be honest. Previous to this I had the iphone 3G. I realised my contact had expired months ago and decided to shop around. I am not great when it comes to technology!

So here are my issues I am hoping you guys and gals can help me with:

1. I am struggling with my wifi at home and getting it to connect, I have input the security key, it says connecting, getting the IP...then doesnt connect - why is this happening?
    2. The Samsung Apps app has a number one on it like it is has a download needed or something - when i go onto this it doesnt really do anything, I cant see a change and the number one doesnt disappear.
    3. I am trying to download youtube and google maps from the android market and it keeps failing (but these are already appearing on the phone?)
    I completely acknowledge that I am not techy and probably shouldnt have got a phone I cant really work, but I dont use itunes and felt I didnt really needed the iphone. The S2 was highly recommended to me.

On a positive note I have managed to get my contacts from iphone to windows contacts and into googlemail and onto my phone! There is hope!

Thank you for listening to my issues and all your help in helping me to get used to this tricky bit of kit!

Advertisement

2. shepo73

shepo73 Member
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    Warehouse
    Liverpool
    Can't really answer question 1
    2. The number 1 appears in the samsung app when there is an update to an existing app.
    3. Youtube should be pre installed on the phone so you shouldn't need to download it from the market.

3. titch27

titch27 Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    When I try to download the samsung app - it does download but the number one doesnt disappear. Why is this? Also it wasnt downloading due to saying it had blocked non android market downloads...I went into the T Mobile shop today and she did something to the phone and now it will download but the number is still there.

Sorry if i sound a bit thick....but i am when it comes to techy things!

4. Tynesider

Tynesider Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi, I just got my Samsung today and I'm really puzzled but regarding the wifi. I was having the same problem and with my security code I had to put the letters in capitals, it worked straight away after that.