1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Frustrated with email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rickh4c, Dec 6, 2013.

1. rickh4c

rickh4c Newbie

Seems the stock email app on the Supreme is not getting emails as set in the settings. Plus, I don't really like the interface that much too. Having to confirm deletion for each email gets old after a while. Any suggestions on a good email app? Others having same issue?

Thanks,
    Rick

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

K9 seems to be pretty popular.

Or just go to the Play store and Amazon, download all the free email apps and see which one you like best.

3. Mancow60

Mancow60 Well-Known Member

You can try out the email app from 4.4 KIT KAT. I really like it, its updated to look like the Gmail app and it works well on our phone. Here is the link:APK Download: Here's The Default Email App From Android 4.4, With Gmail-Style UI And A Slide-Out Menu

rickh4c likes this.
  4. rickh4c

rickh4c Newbie

5. 19sandy62

19sandy62 Lurker

I like the stock email on 4.4, but how do I make it default on my phone. It keeps opening the gmail app when I receive a gmail.

6. Mancow60

These instructions are to disable Gmail app, I think that's what you want to do. Go to Settings>Apps then go to the Gmail app. You should see a big button that says Uninstall updates, press it. After that the button will now say Disable. Press it, and the app will not run anymore, it will be "frozen". You can do this with many apps you can't uninstall but you want to disable.

If you are rooted, you can always just delete the Gmail app. Hope this helps.

7. 19sandy62

19sandy62 Lurker

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no gmail app in the apps list. I have disabled gmail synch for now, but it does't seem a very elegant solution.

8. Mancow60

When you open Apps, by default it goes to just the DOWNLOADED list. Scroll to the right and you will see ON SD CARD, RUNNING, and the last list is ALL. You should find Gmail app on the ALL list and be able to disable the app.

9. 19sandy62

19sandy62 Lurker

thank you. That solves that problem

ZTE Vital Forum

The ZTE Vital release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2500mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews