1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Frustrated with Verizon & My Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonathansullivan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Crude

Crude Android Expert
    None

Nov 26, 2009
    Nexusville
    This thread speaks volumes about motorola. I said I was done with them once but Android was so advanced I changed my mind.....now it's set once and for all

Advertisement

2. bkle44

bkle44 Newbie
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    Student
    Michigan

I'm dealing with that right now too. Went to a store yesterday and was told none in stock we'll ship it to you 2 day shipping guaranteed. Well called today cause no shipping notice and I get "it's on hold, there are no droids in the warehouse" so I've called back 3 times and get a different story each time. One told me I would get a comparable phone they don't know which until it gets to me. The other offered me a loaner phone and said I should get my droid1 by Monday, the other said he couldn't access my information since it was put in at the store. I think I may just keep calling and calling until someone has some real answers. :mad:

3. firecracker

firecracker Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Fort Myers, FL
    Weird, because my launch day Droid just started doing this on Sunday. I took it into Verizon on Tuesday after work and he tried to tell me that he didn't see anything wrong with it because it still worked. I asked him if he had a droid around and he pulled his out of his pocket and compared them. There wasn't much he could say after that and then started getting my info. Said that they were in the warehouse and that I should have it Friday since it was already after 5:00 when I went in. Called today after Fedex didn't show up and the tech said that there are none in the warehouse so it hasnt shipped and there is no time estimate for it.

4. Ddifulio31

Ddifulio31 Newbie
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    So what I was told today, on my second droid refurb, is that they r out of srock and waitin for motorola to send them more. So they say it may possibly ship out, tomorrow or Monday. I called Tuesday to get me replacement. So I asked what could they do, 2 people said wait see if there is another phone u can use till then. Then finally someone said they would upgrade me early, so since my phne keeps crapping out I said I want a droid x and they said no problem 200 dollars, I said that's crazy, I don't want to have to pay for a phone when I did nothing to brek mine. And so I got frustrated and said fine I'll just pay for it then they said k well ship that out to u on september 10th, I said did u not hear me my phones sucks, they said ok we have droid 2 or incredibles. So long story short I'm getting the incredible on Tuesday. Coming form the eris, I did like sense. So hopefully no more problems!

5. smacky

None

Jan 11, 2010
    Oooo. Devours and Allies suck. Take it back to them. Tell them you bought the Droid because you wanted to be first in line for updates such as 2.1 and 2.2. The Devour won't get 2.1 and the Ally will not get 2.2.

Tell them when you want something "comparable" you're not looking at specs but at how often they are updated. The Droid 2 and X are comparable at this point if we're still sticking with Motorola.

6. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    This is the sole reason I won't turn in my D1 because of the power button turning limp on me. It's super annoying to press it down so hard, but every other aspect of my droid has been rock solid.. I intend to keep it that way until something really bad happens to my phone. Or maybe i'll just wait until the final month of my 1 year warranty.

7. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Male
    Atlanta
    One other tool in our arsenal when fighting with the phone contracts is an FCC complaint. This is not a quick fix (it can take several months) but if you've tried everything else it can work. You can file your complaint online and the companies usually have someone high up the pecking order respond.

About three years ago my ATT phone stopped being recognized by my local tower. This was less than two months short of the end of my contract and I wanted to shop widely for a new one. With a broken tower I though it reasonable to be released from contract early. A few weeks after filing the complaint I got a call from someone in the "Office of the President" trying to help me out. I was released from my contract two weeks early (big deal by that time) and when I did the termination it was obvious my account was tagged to give me no trouble.

8. sergey

sergey Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2009
    reducing the hate on Android and iPhone
    NYC
    You could go try to go the social media way too- every now and then you see articles on engadget or something about something just like this. Or your local news- you know the ones who call up the bunk businesses and say "we're from channel 6 and liked to ask you a few questions..." Strange how an on camera interview can spur things on...

9. dressagerider

dressagerider Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2010
    This just confirms and makes me happy with my recent decision.....walk away from Verizon! I owned so many phones that never worked and finally ended up with a moto droid but still horrible customer service. I just switched my entire family to At&t and we all own iphones and I am so pleased. The customer service is so much better and I absolutley love my phone!

Verizon always wanted to 'strong arm' me when I had a problem. As if I wanted to keep getting phones that died. Now that I have left, they keep calling and sending me offers for any phone free and with discounts and even offered to give me a free netbook for one of my phone numbers. I say, "too late" and they should learn to keep their customers satisfied before they leave to go to another network.

10. mudads

mudads Newbie
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    A brand new Droid 2 showed up unexpectedly today at my house via FedEx! I was supposed to get my 3rd Droid replacement that was ordered on Wednesday of last week. I never got it, so I called on Saturday and they had no tracking info. They only told me that 3 of the 4 warehouses in the country were out of the refurbs. So imagine my surprise when FedEx showed up with a box that was much heavier than the previous refurbs!

Setting it up now!

11. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    Was this the first time you had to have your Droid replaced, or ?

I've had five refurbs now, all bad, and VZW was lying to me today, telling me that they never send out D2s to replace a D1, even after one of their own agents initially suggested it.

A supervisor is supposed to call me back again tomorrow (he missed me this afternoon) and I have a copy of the letter that they are sending to customers (got it from someone else who received a D2 for his D1) so I'm not going to let them give me the run-around any more...

12. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    Stated that it is the 3rd replacement.

13. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    So I'm expected to actually read his entire post!? ;-)

Thanks...eyes must have been set on skip.