• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FS-805T 8 inch Google Android 2.2 with 3G Wi-Fi MID

I've been tweeking this rig for a few days now and it's going pretty well. This is a very nice package. It comes with a nice cover with android engraved on the front and the android bot engraved on the back. The 8" 4:3 screen is a big plus to my taste. The resistive screen is a short coming but it's something I can live with. The system comes clocked at 800 Mhz. It's very responsive. It scored a 4581 on the An3DBench GPU benchmark and 11.378 MFLOPS on the Linpack benchmark. The system is stable, although It has locked up a few times. There's a reset button so it hasn't been a problem. It came with a European 240V transformer and a 120V US plug adapter, even though I asked for a US 120V adapter. I'm not too happy about that. I'm currently investigatng which overclock kernal might work. SetCPU is locked at 800 Mhz. I loaded superuser via adb with no problems. Neither oneclick nor androot rooting worked. Titanium Backup installed with no problems. It was a relief to get rid of the few chinese language system apps that are built into the ROM. There is no Android Market or YouTube Player. I'm using SlideMe for now. There is also an App Store that comes with the system apps. I'm working on finding the right apk's and install method for the Android Market and YouTube Player. I've loaded ROM Manager but I'm trying to figure out which clockworkmod recovery version I should use. All in all I'm happy with the purchase.

Upvote 0
I've been tweeking this rig for a few days now and it's going pretty well. This is a very nice package. It comes with a nice cover with android engraved on the front and the android bot engraved on the back. The 8" 4:3 screen is a big plus to my taste. The resistive screen is a short coming but it's something I can live with. The system comes clocked at 800 Mhz. It's very responsive. It scored a 4581 on the An3DBench GPU benchmark and 11.378 MFLOPS on the Linpack benchmark. The system is stable, although It has locked up a few times. There's a reset button so it hasn't been a problem. It came with a European 240V transformer and a 120V US plug adapter, even though I asked for a US 120V adapter. I'm not too happy about that. I'm currently investigatng which overclock kernal might work. SetCPU is locked at 800 Mhz. I loaded superuser via adb with no problems. Neither oneclick nor androot rooting worked. Titanium Backup installed with no problems. It was a relief to get rid of the few chinese language system apps that are built into the ROM. There is no Android Market or YouTube Player. I'm using SlideMe for now. There is also an App Store that comes with the system apps. I'm working on finding the right apk's and install method for the Android Market and YouTube Player. I've loaded ROM Manager but I'm trying to figure out which clockworkmod recovery version I should use. All in all I'm happy with the purchase.
Hey yiriyah,

Have you been succesful in your attempts to configure the Android Market place?
I followed the following steps:
The Viewsonic G Tablet Super Thread (w/Market, Gmail, and Maps!) - xda-developers.

But getting stuck with the Read-Only filesystem, unable to chmod to RW.

EDIT: managed to root the device with Z4root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

If you get stuck at the Android set up screen, use the "4tap method" to skip:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=588017&page=4

Loaded MarketEnabler, but still unsuccesful to download anything....grrr

Upvote 0
I recently bought the Freescale IMX Cortex A8 Android 2.2 Tablet MID 4GB, everything is good but I am not able to download anything from the app market. It always stuck at the intalling part. Eventhough it said installing, it won't continue and I don't see the downloaded files. Can anyone help me to solve it? Really appreciate. Thanks.

Upvote 0
as far as i know, this FS-805T has another name called A8 pad.
I also want to buy one android 2.2 tablet and has collected some info from internet.
Here is a forum where many discussion about tablets made in China. To my surprise, you can find each tablet reviews and rates in its section Tablet Rates. A8 pad is a good choice, according to people's review on it. You find it by this link.
http://www.pandawillforum.com/cprs.php?action=cprs_sku&id=22

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones