1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Full 3D Screens Without Lenses...???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wetback, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Wetback

Wetback Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi,
    ... ... ... :DI Just Saw A Commercial, They Talked About New 3D Screen Without Lenses... Is That Real...? :DAlso, With This New Tech, Does Anyone Know BY WHEN, Year And Month, They Plan To Make Full 3D Screens Without Lenses On Laptop Computers...? :DAlso, Will They Ever Be Full 3D Holographics Display AT ALL, Anyone Got Ideas Or Heard On Such And Such...?

Advertisement

2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    UK
    Nevermind the 3D ... Why on earth dues every single word in your post start with a capital letter?

And 3D tv is useless to me as I'm blind in one eye, so I don't really care :p

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Nintendo 3ds are 3d screens that dont need glasses AND they look pretty nice imo

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    Nintendo 3Ds makes my eyes hurt after about 5 minutes of play, even with the 3D at the lowest setting. I don't want a phone with a 3D screen. But the Evo 3D is coming out on Sprint very soon, to answer the question.

5. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    The Evo 3D is actually already released. :)

And to the OP this should make you happy. Asus recently revealed the first glasses free 3D laptop.

PC News: ASUS reveals world's first glasses-free 3D laptop - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

6. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    Real, likely. Good, expletive deleted. Here to stay, likely not. The 3D landscape is littered with failures and such. Not new tech because the basics are well understood. It is new as far as some are concerned, but grounded in work done by 3D folks long, long, long ago. Do you know how this amazing tech works?

Holographic, no, not likely. But I am still amazed that Justin Bieber is a star, so who knows what the future will bring.

Forgive me, but let me ask... no insult, just seeking understanding.

Are you asking about holography because you assume it to be a good way to go or perhaps you mention it because you are unaware of just what one can expect from this apparently amazing thing called Holography? Lots of people want a holographic display because they saw it on Star Trek and simply assume holography would make a good 3D display.

Again, just asking.

There are roads to 3D that are every bit as good or likely better than current mass-produced 3D things like movies and phones. Well known throughly debugged and been ready for prime time for many, many decades.

People want quality and no glasses and that might never happen if a lenticular process is sold.

I love the interest in 3D. I am itching to sell my collection of stuff.

Bob

7. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    I have watched 3D come and go and it is sad. I would love a good system, but current methods fall short. I think 3D is something a manufacturer offers because it is new and likely we are approaching a place where there is nothing new to offer.

8. Wetback

Wetback Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
  9. strodda

strodda Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Male
    Not sure if it's inappropriate for me to point out, even though he made his own account, but check the SN... I think that'll answer your question.

10. Knewz

Knewz Android Expert
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Tech
    Georgia
    I don't need glasses for my Evo 3D...Does that count?

11. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
    The 3D has been a slow take-off and viewed as more of a gimmick by many. I have worked in the consumer electronics industry since the RPTVs that took 4 people to lift into the house and Pro-logic. The industry has been pushing 3D hard, but the consumers have been slow to adopt. I think it is because technology in televisions has changed so rapidly within the last few years. Not everyone has a couple of grand to throw into a new tv every few years.

I do believe that the 3D ability in smaller more affordable electronics will pave the way to advance the 3D ability in televisions. LG already has tvs that use inexpensive passive 3D glasses which is a marked improvement since the active 3D glasses give me a headache after a while.

There are new cameras on the market that allow you to take 3D photos. If that really catches on, then the demand will push 3D to laptops and computer monitors. 3D gaming may also help push the technology especially if Sony and Microsoft have plans with their next generation consoles to implement 3D engines. Sony could be sitting on a gold mine since they make tvs and the PS3. I am sure they have done some R&D in its regard.

I am like many am patiently waiting for 3D without glasses on a 50" TV. One that has the option to enable and disable 3D and doesn't give me eye fatigue after watching a movie.