• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full Body Protectors and Holster Cases????

falexs

Dec 6, 2009
AZ
Hello everybody... I'm new to the board, and will be new to droid. I tried searching this forum for information, but did not get the info I wanted.

My wife and I are getting our Eris on Tuesday. I'm thinking about getting the full body protectors from BodyGuardz. Do you guys have any suggestions on which full body protectors work great, and wheter or not BodyGuardz make goo products? I was wanting to by the Invisible Shield from Zaggs, but they're on a 2 week back order.

Also, I'm wanting a case or holster for my Eris, any suggestions?

Hello everybody... I'm new to the board, and will be new to droid. I tried searching this forum for information, but did not get the info I wanted.

My wife and I are getting our Eris on Tuesday. I'm thinking about getting the full body protectors from BodyGuardz. Do you guys have any suggestions on which full body protectors work great, and wheter or not BodyGuardz make goo products? I was wanting to by the Invisible Shield from Zaggs, but they're on a 2 week back order.

Also, I'm wanting a case or holster for my Eris, any suggestions?

i use the silocone body cover cause when i had a hard cover on my g1 it shatered then the phone skided down the road a little. the silicones disigned to absorb most of the impact. still the same amount of risk of breakage of the phone but atleast your not spending 20 bucks everytime

Upvote 0
I recently bought this case. It needs a little "fitting " done to it. I used silocone on the top to make a tight fit.
Otterbox Impact Case for iPhone 3G 3GS Otter Box - eBay (item 320447009557 end time Dec-09-09 17:08:29 PST)

I flat out LOVE Otterbox. They need to step up and make a case specific to the droids.

Upvote 0
I've had a "skin" on my last 4 phones. From experience I can tell you that it doesn't really matter where you buy it from. I used the $25 Invisible Shield (from Best Buy) for my last blackberry and found that the corners started to peal and pick up dirt after a few months. The $5-$10 one from bestskinsever.com worked just as well as a replacement. Even though you get 1 warranty replacement from Invisible Shield, I would just buy two of the skins from bestskinsever.com and replace it in a few months.

Motorola Droid Skin

The other issue with these "skin" type products is that they never seem to cover the corners well. When I removed the skin from my old blackberry the surfaces and screen were flawless, but all the corners had scuffing on them. But it's better than nothing!

Upvote 0
Leather cases offer the best protection, but depending on if it's synthetic or real leather it either distresses nicely or just flat out frizzles away over time.

Hard plastic cases will break before your phone does. Snap on cases will even come apart on impact sometimes, which absorbs most of the blunt of the blow. Hard cases don't always look the sexiest though...but they have what's called "Matte" Finishes. Also known as a "rubberized" finish. It's hard plastic with a layer of paint that feels soft/matted.

This is all IMHO, btw. Everyone is different. I've had someone argue the physics of cases with me...(I don't use physics, i use common sense/logic :p)

I just bought a case from onlyeris.com. It's hard plastic snap on with rubberized finish.

Here are some pics. I love the feel, it's form fitting, and doesnt add bulk, plus it's shiny/sexy :cool:.

22bbmd.jpg

264peuh.jpg

2eaniv4.jpg

a2b23k.jpg

Upvote 0
I decided against the previous holster I had posted. That one's way to big. I got the one that's combination of a skin and clip, my wife the silicon skin. Mine is comfortable, very easy to get and replace, and adds very little to the size of the Eris. Her skin is too thick to my liking, but she love's it. On the plus side, it's way easier to grasp now.

We also had the Verizon rep. place their screen shields on. Now our phones are ready for our baby to play with!

htc_droid_eris_shell_holster.png

htc_droid_eris_sil_cov_black.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones