• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full Body Skins compatible with dock?

i posted in another thread about this, but I have a full body zagg invisible shield and it actually makes the phone fit more securely in the dock. Without the shield, the phone just sits in the dock and when u try to use the touchscreen the phone falls out of the dock since there is nothing holding it in. To me, the dock is poorly designed for holding a touchscreen phone.

However with the shield, it adds a little bit of bulk to the phone. Making it a more secure fit. I can now actually use the touchscreen and not have the phone fall out of the dock.

The only drawback is that the connection sometimes goes in and out, but i'd rather have that, then having my phone falling on the floor all the time.

Reactions: Bob Loblaw1
Upvote 0
i posted in another thread about this, but I have a full body zagg invisible shield and it actually makes the phone fit more securely in the dock. Without the shield, the phone just sits in the dock and when u try to use the touchscreen the phone falls out of the dock since there is nothing holding it in. To me, the dock is poorly designed for holding a touchscreen phone.

However with the shield, it adds a little bit of bulk to the phone. Making it a more secure fit. I can now actually use the touchscreen and not have the phone fall out of the dock.

The only drawback is that the connection sometimes goes in and out, but i'd rather have that, then having my phone falling on the floor all the time.

Yeah I remember reading your post now that you mention it. Seems like people either love or hate Zagg. I tried one of their screen protectors when I first got the phone. It was made for iPhone but I just wanted something on there right away until something official came out. Anyway, I didn't really care for the rubbery feel it had when sliding my fingers across the screen. Good to know though that if I decide it's important, the Zagg will work. Only thing though is I leave my phone on when it's in the dock. If the connection goes in and out like you say then I could possibly wake up in the morning to a dead phone or at least one very low on battery. Has that ever happened to you?

Upvote 0
..that

Attachments

• 4qh5w8.jpg
    4qh5w8.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0
I'm going to guess and say it definitely won't fit. If simple skins are stopping it from working, a bigger, bulkier case will not fit.

The problem is that and edge of the case grabs the screen guard if your not careful when putting it on and lifts it up. I was thinking if it was a full body skin, there would be nothing to lift up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones