1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Full Camera Controls

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by TheJokerV, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TheJokerV

TheJokerV New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm a newb when it comes to android development but I hope with your help I can figure this out. Anyway I'm working on a research project which wants to utilize an Android phone/app. There is no requirement for the actual phone except that higher resolution signals would be preferred. Now the camera is the only major concern for the phone as I have to be able to control the gain and exposure time of the camera. Now I need to know what phone would be best for me to develop on which would also allow me to easily take pistures while controlling the gain/exposure. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Obviously something with a high resolution camera such as the Htc Evo (8mp) or I think the Droid X also has a 8mp camera does it not?

3. TheJokerV

TheJokerV New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    The HTC EVO's 8MP camera is more than enough. But does anyone know whether I can control the camera exposure time/gain controls using the normal SDK?

4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    You should be able to. There are a few apps int he market already that do just this. Check out Camera360. There is a free version available that you cna try out and see if it has what you need. If it does, then you know that it is possible.