• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full Exchange Active Sync?

Thanks bjanow... looking forward to your test.
I haven't had a chance yet to test the default email client, but in Touchdown I created another calendar, chose to sych it, and my appointments show up. I have some more testing to do with the native client but I've been having so much fun playing with this thing... well you know. It's just so fast I can't believe it.

Upvote 0
I'm an exchange admin who just got the first HTC VZW Incredible @ our company.

The first thing I did was setup the EAS, works beautifully.

The next thing I did was to attempt a wipe..

It didn't respond to the wipe command, yet another dissapointing Android device.

I was hoping this would be the first Android I could approve for company use, but nope. Not yet.

BTW, running Exchange 2003 SP2

2.2 maybe..

Jamie

Upvote 0
I work for a large company who required security pins to connect. My previous phone X6800 was windows based and worked well as security pins can be setup. My son bought a droid last year and 2.0 didn't have the proper security protocols, so I used the trial version of touchdown and was able to connect. When I setup the incredible this morning, I couldn't connect, so 2.1 still doesn't have the security required by some corporate email accounts. I downloaded the 30 day trial of touchdown again and was able to connect to my corporate email and sync all my contacts and calandar. I will purchase within 30 days unless this is another way. I wish android and HTC would have solved this issue by now. I'm sure they're well aware of the issue as the droid has been out and had the same issue last November. At least there is an app that can help the corporate world.

Upvote 0

It didn't respond to the wipe command, yet another dissapointing Android device.

I was hoping this would be the first Android I could approve for company use, but nope. Not yet.

2.2 maybe..

Jamie

I replaced my BB Curve with the HTC DI.

We use EAS w ActiveSync (I am not technical at all)

Sync'd up perfect, and instant access to emails, Calendar, and Contacts. Also forced me to create a PW to access the phone

Also, FWIW..... seems like most are using Googlemail, but I currently have my emails through Verizon.net

I have 2 mailboxes, 1 for Work and 1 for Personal (Both show up in the same mailbox, but you can pick which one to view.

I was able to get my Verizon.net account to sync up, although this took several calls to Verizon, and 2 trips to the store before I found someone that could figure it out. They of course had the wrong info...
:mad:

Here is what worked.
Incoming Settings
Protocal: POP
Emai:" XXXXX@Verizon.net
Username: XXXXX
PW: ######
Pop Server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
Security Type: None
Server Port 110

Outgoing Server

Username: XXXXX
PW: ######
SMTP Server::eek:utgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
Security Type: None
Server Port: 25

Upvote 0

2.2 maybe..

Jamie

Could be something about it not liking Exchange 2003 too. I'd test 2007 for you but I don't really want to wipe my phone since I just got it set up all nice.

Upvote 0
When I upgraded to 2.2 for the HTC Incredible I am now unable to sync my calendar with activesync

Anyone else have this issue

Give a little more info:

Are you getting emails / contacts?

Are the settings selected for syc for calendar in the Account and Sync?

Can you do either way (Outlook>Phone or Phone>Outlook)?

Upvote 0
Well... I can't speak to pins and wipes and security policies... but what I can speak to is the fact that the native email program using active sync STILL (after 2.2) does not recognize all my exchange folders. It appears to randomly pick them. I added a folder yesterday that it sees... but still doesn't see several that have been there for months or years. I've become so used to TD now... don't know if I would switch back to native if this was ever resolved.

Upvote 0
Well... I can't speak to pins and wipes and security policies... but what I can speak to is the fact that the native email program using active sync STILL (after 2.2) does not recognize all my exchange folders. It appears to randomly pick them. I added a folder yesterday that it sees... but still doesn't see several that have been there for months or years. I've become so used to TD now... don't know if I would switch back to native if this was ever resolved.

That is odd. I can see all my folders. We are on Exchange 2003.

Upvote 0
I've become so used to TD now... don't know if I would switch back to native if this was ever resolved.

I did a factory reset for other reasons, and had to reestablish access to corporate email. I tried going through HTC's Mail app, but didn't like a) the calendar layout, or b) that the corporate security policies forced me to password-unlock my phone to do anything at all. I deleted the account, and I'm happy to be back on Touchdown.

Upvote 0
I did a factory reset for other reasons, and had to reestablish access to corporate email. I tried going through HTC's Mail app, but didn't like a) the calendar layout, or b) that the corporate security policies forced me to password-unlock my phone to do anything at all. I deleted the account, and I'm happy to be back on Touchdown.

Wait a minute. In Touchdown the corporate security policy isn't enforced?

Upvote 0
In Touchdown the corporate security policy isn't enforced?
It's enforced only when I access the app. Outside of Touchdown, I can choose a pattern or number lock, a simple slider (thanks WidgetLocker), or no lock at all.

Without Touchdown, corp-sec forced me to do a password unlock any time I wanted to do anything -- making a call, seeing what the time was, or playing Flood-It.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones