• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full H Signal, no internet

For those having problems, are you in one location and having these problems?
Or are you experiencing the same problem across multiple locations?

Does it clear with a reboot or when toggling airplane mode on and off?

If it persists across multiple locations it's likely a phone / APN problem. If single location it's probably tower based. Bear in mind that faulty towers may not hand you off to the next tower correctly (toggling airplane mode can clear this).

Upvote 0
Well I have tried calling orange customer services a couple of times now and they just keep telling me that I need to reset my APN's when the internet is not working then reboot my phone and the internet works. This is a work around and it gets my internet working again, but I am paying for a service and not getting it, I shouldn't have to keep resetting my APN's just to get the internet working.

Any suggestiong from anyone?

Upvote 0
Same thing here. Samsung Galaxy S3 on orange

Had phone a few weeks, then started getting "Can't connect to server (Hotmail)" coming up near the bottom. Then realised my 3g wasn't great but was workable. Went to london, my mate has same phone on orange and he was getting full 3g/H+ internet, facebook app working etc. Mine had nothing all weekend! Showed H+ but internet loaded only text no images, and facebook said "can't connect to a secure connection" or something similar. It's really tempremental and v.frustrating!

So yea, restart phone don't help, toggle air plane mode don't help. Orange said in their shop I should do a factory reset but this is hassle!

Calls work fine, messages work fine. Any more ideas?!

So annoying my mates phone worked perfect mine nothing! I'm out of ideas.

Upvote 0
I thought it was just me..... I'd been down the Customer services route and short of telling me to reboot or them sending me a pointless text, nothing seems to work.
I'm fortunate as I'm normally connected to a wifi network but when I'm out and about and need a data connection, I normally have to reboot first.... I was convinced it was the phone but it appears to happen to alot of you.
Do you also have problems sending pictures? I know when sending MMS, even if you are connected to wifi, the Data connection boots up so that they can earn their money, but I've not been able to send a picture for months, it just hangs in the phone. If I send a text to the same destination, it kind of "Pushes" the picture out and it sends but registers the action as 2 x MMS activity. Bit naughty if you ask me...
Just my input :)

Upvote 0
I have the same issue with 3 mobile and on my new Galaxy Nexus 4. I have full 3D signal coverage, but youtube still buffers, radio streams buffer, webpages wont load.. etc etc

I would say 15-25% of the time I have all the symptoms of a dropped signal, despite the fact my phone still registers full 3G signal.

Three are next to no help and just blame the phone as I bought it p&g for their sim only plan... this despite the fact they sell the damn phone themselves!

Switching on airplane mode & off again fixes it temporarily, and I get this everywhere I go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones