1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

*Full ICS Rom* Developers & Community Review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DwayneE75, Apr 27, 2012.

1. DwayneE75

DwayneE75 Well-Known Member

Ok to all developers i want to make a full ics rom, i found the codes to even change the setting menu to look like Ics. Pm Me.

Also People who maybe reading this would you like a ics rom ?

eleal1893 and gaazakid876 like this.
  2. yes please!:d

3. DwayneE75

I will start development on this tomorrow. Give me time to get this together and i hope some of the developers help me with this to. Ics has a smooth nice looking UI and thats what some people are mainly looking for, will keep you and everyone else up to date on how everything goes.

Thanks for you support

4. Boraichee

Boraichee Android Enthusiast

Are you building from aosp source?

5. KUSHWRECK

KUSHWRECK Well-Known Member

That's Whats up!

6. L0rdWaffles

L0rdWaffles Member

You have a nice goal. But i would suggest you actually look into what goes into building ICS from source, especially for an unsupported device. Now doing a theme is completely different, and I'm sure there are more than enough people here willing to help you with that.

If a developer who has built an aosp rom would care to give me a few *pointers on what is needed to port ICS to our device. ie, creating the device profile needed to build an aosp rom... I have no idea where to start for something that. I'm a semi-novice c++ programmer and lack experience with this sort thing. Even just some advice on doing it for a gingerbread aosp rom would help.

Now that that's out of the way, and I mean to disrespect by this but. Do you really feel you need to style(fonts, colors, bolds) all of your posts? The rules on forum etiquette seem pretty lax here but it can still be a bit annoying to some other users.

semi-related:
    [​IMG]

7. DwayneE75

Everyone knows that our phone is not compatible with ics, All im trying to do is create a rom that is full ics as i can such as ( boot, launcher, framework.apk, setting.apk, phone.apk, messaging, a ics settings look, animation, keyboard, notification sounds etc). what im saying is even though our phone was not made for ics that this will be just like it.

i style my words and make them bigger when im trying to make a point or if i feel that something is important.

eleal1893 likes this.
  8. DwayneE75

Pm Me

9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

cm src and miui patch are on github ;)

10. I think you mean an ICS-styled ROM. Cyanogenmod 9 won't even fit on our /system partition without MTD support in the kernel, so if you're going to try going that route, you've got quite the uphill battle ahead of you.

pressy4pie likes this.
  11. Jdgui

Jdgui Well-Known Member

12. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Android Enthusiast

I can sense a GingerCream Sandwhich ROM coming along. Why not do a kang? LOL, or take a Kang from the Prevail (With Permission of course, sorta).

Jdgui likes this.
  13. genovdot

genovdot Android Expert

Please tell me what a kang is? Lol

14. Boraichee

Hes right. Ive tryed kanging for cm9 roms back when i kanged that cm7 rom from the ascend. Id get error 0 in cwm everytime there would be no room.

15. Boraichee

"Porting" or "stealing" for an already made rom. Copy and pasting needed files from stock rom to any givin rom so that it will boot.

16. I got CM9 booting. Graphics are all kinds of funky though. Small touchscreen issues as well.

17. Boraichee

Hey req i pmed you. Is your repo up to date?

18. The CM7 repo is sorta up to date. I been messing with CM9 all morning though. There's all kinds of stuff you need to do by hand to get CM7 working like the betas though.

19. genovdot

genovdot Android Expert

Ooohhhhh lol

20. Think "gank", but backwards. It's basically taking somebody else's work in whatever form, and dropping it into your stuff, and calling it your own without giving proper credit.

Something a lot of people are guilty of...

21. SamsungAdmire

SamsungAdmire Android Expert

Interesting..

22. RaverX3X

RaverX3X Well-Known Member

in other words 7z hero skills :p...

DwayneE75 and genovdot like this.
  23. RaverX3X

RaverX3X Well-Known Member

this i can personally test to from us getting mtd on the sgs4g its a very uphill battle. Be prepaired to brick a few devices in the process.

24. I got ICS booting without MTD. I still want to get MTD going eventually for this phone.

pressy4pie likes this.
  25. Boraichee

One thing to keep in mind is with alot of devices kanging is the only way anything gets done so its not a waste of time. Im guilty of this but i try to give credit most of the time if i forget someone thats another story. So what do you mean by hand? Im trying to build your source with alittle of my own tweaks to run miui better and at the same time help fine tune your device profile. Damn ubuntu 11.10 is giving me all sorts java errors. Shoulda never updated lol.

pressy4pie likes this.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews