1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Full screen image search on tablets?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by shonangreg, Jun 26, 2013.

1. shonangreg

shonangreg Newbie

This is a vexing problem. On my phone, when I do a google images search and touch any of the images, I get a nice, full screen image, and I can swipe to the next image.

However, on my Nexus 7, tapping on an image hardly makes it any bigger at all!

I can't use google image search to get full screen images on my google tablet!

Is there a better way or workaround? Amazingly using bing is better, but pinch to zoom is not very good there, and I just hate microsoft anyway.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bhero

bhero Android Enthusiast

It likely the pixel density being higher.

3. shonangreg

shonangreg Newbie

Full screen display is not activated by calling an absolute number of pixels. It uses a relative rendering -- 100% of whatever the device has.

I wonder if changing the User Agent on one of my browsers from Tablet to Phone would force Full Screen . . .

4. shonangreg

shonangreg Newbie

I've confirmed this works.

I'm using Dolphin Browser instead of Chrome or Firefox or Opera. I set the User Agent to "Custom" and then entered the user agent for a Nexus 4:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.1; Nexus 4 Build/JOP40D) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19

Now I get full-sized photos on my Nexus 7 from google images. Furthermore Dolphin Browser has an easily accessible full screen mode (swipe from the right edge of the screen), so I can finally get full screen images in both portrait and landscape modes and just swipe from one image to the next. This is just what I needed to display images to my classes.

Later I'll come back and edit this comment and post screenshots if I think it is helpful.

keywords: picture pictures photo photos photographs display