• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full specifications for Galaxy S II LTE

aylonewolf69

Oct 18, 2011
confused.gif

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...i_lte-4124.php

CPU 1.5 GHz Scorpion dual-core processor, Adreno 220 GPU, Qualcomm APQ8060 Snapdragon chipset

Hope this helps someone because I'm on the fence on whether or not to swap out...

I have been on the fence. The size would be somewhat of a problem once i get a case on it etc it would not fit in a shirt pocket or even pants pocket real well. The LTE would be cool (I am unlimited) but I get 5Mbs on what I have now. I do not see HSPA going away any time soon, certainly not within two years. It seems to me that HSPA will become the low end 3G if anything.

In the end I suspect I will stay with what I have. I really like. Hardware/software creep and envy is a big problem with android. Iphone, which I just came from is no where near as bad. There are certain advantages to vendor lock/closed systems I guess

Upvote 0
Still 480x800 on 4'5" screen? No, thanks. I love my S2, but 220 pixel density really is the weak spot of this phone, and using the same PD on an even larger screen is stretching the pixel too thin. For that screen size, I wouldn't consider anything that is not 720p.

How many markets actually have ATT LTE network? Probably a few in TX and CA? I think Skyrocket isn't even offered here in NY since they don't have a decent HSPA network capacity to support 3.5G user base.

Also, if the 1.5Gz is on snapdragon, one more reason to pass on this thing.

Upvote 0
That's all true mickey4mice, but I believe AT&T did JUST ENOUGH to have a lot of people completely puzzled when it comes to these two phones...LTE network size may (or may not?) grow substantially within the next year, we really have no clue. So, it's a gamble there...Processors are also not easy to compare...on one phone there's radio, the other one has higher pixel density. This is a bit of a mistake by AT&T in my opinion. I think I'll go to the store and check it out on Sunday if they have it. I just called them and nobody at the store had a clue about launching the skyrocket on Sunday.

Upvote 0
Regardless how well 1.5gz snapdragon compares to the current crop of Exynos, I still think the pixel density on 4.5 inch screen is too thin. When I look at my 4.3 S2 side by side next to a 4S, the lack of PD in S2 is quite obvious.

Lol about the clueless sales rep. I called a DC ATT corp store and none seems to have any clue about the Skyrocket launch either.

Upvote 0
I'm in Dallas where one of the few LTE markets are at this point, I'm curious about this phone, but am not so sure about the snapdragon processor compared to the Exynos and am wondering how battery life will be with LTE, not so sure I want the bigger screen either, I think ours is big enough.

Upvote 0
At&t LTE network is really small, I will pass on this round and wait till next year to see what's out there.

1000% agree with this.

According to the specs from the link above, the "New" S2 has a bigger battery as well.
and that'll be offset by the bigger screen and LTE speeds.

I think I'll stick with the OG gs2

Upvote 0
I have been on the fence. The size would be somewhat of a problem once i get a case on it etc it would not fit in a shirt pocket or even pants pocket real well. The LTE would be cool (I am unlimited) but I get 5Mbs on what I have now. I do not see HSPA going away any time soon, certainly not within two years. It seems to me that HSPA will become the low end 3G if anything.

In the end I suspect I will stay with what I have. I really like. Hardware/software creep and envy is a big problem with android. Iphone, which I just came from is no where near as bad. There are certain advantages to vendor lock/closed systems I guess

I think it's so stupid to call it a "problem". Just because Android doesn't artificially lock you in to old hardware, that's a problem? Sorry but thats a pet peeve of mine, so stupid. Yet I see it mentioned so often. It makes no logical sense at all.

It's not a problem, it's precisely what makes Android better than iOS.

Anyways for me I may jump on this. I've been waiting for something at 4.5" to hit ATT. 4.27 for the SGS2 is just too small. I dont expect LTE to hit in my area anytime soon, but it's got HSPA fallback so not like you're losing anything. As far as the resolution PPI, could care less, never ever have I looked at a phone and said DANG I CAN SEE PIXELS. It's such garbage that only started once Apple came out with the false marketing over the Retina display.

As far as the hardware creep problem/not really problem, I try to combat it by jumping in at a good time. Which really means I should wait for the GS3 lol. But the key thing for me is screen size, I've been kicking myself ever since getting my Captivate that it's only 4.0, and wishing I had got a 4.3 phone instead. So my next phone as stated, I will not settle for a 4.3, I must have a 4.5 or greater. I'll be happy with that for a while.

After that the next big inflection points are LTE and ICS. This phone has the former at least. I would assume will eventually get the latter. My priority is screen size so that's my biggest factor. I'm not so concerned about 720P.

Upvote 0
I think it's so stupid to call it a "problem". Just because Android doesn't artificially lock you in to old hardware, that's a problem? Sorry but thats a pet peeve of mine, so stupid. Yet I see it mentioned so often. It makes no logical sense at all.

It's not a problem, it's precisely what makes Android better than iOS.

Anyways for me I may jump on this. I've been waiting for something at 4.5" to hit ATT. 4.27 for the SGS2 is just too small. I dont expect LTE to hit in my area anytime soon, but it's got HSPA fallback so not like you're losing anything. As far as the resolution PPI, could care less, never ever have I looked at a phone and said DANG I CAN SEE PIXELS. It's such garbage that only started once Apple came out with the false marketing over the Retina display.

As far as the hardware creep problem/not really problem, I try to combat it by jumping in at a good time. Which really means I should wait for the GS3 lol. But the key thing for me is screen size, I've been kicking myself ever since getting my Captivate that it's only 4.0, and wishing I had got a 4.3 phone instead. So my next phone as stated, I will not settle for a 4.3, I must have a 4.5 or greater. I'll be happy with that for a while.

After that the next big inflection points are LTE and ICS. This phone has the former at least. I would assume will eventually get the latter. My priority is screen size so that's my biggest factor. I'm not so concerned about 720P.
Not going to wait for the Samsung Note with a 5.3" screen :)

Upvote 0
I have been going through several (3-4) "hands-on" published late yesterday or today.

All appear to confirm that the Skyrocket does in fact, have the dual-core 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon processor instead of the Exynos.

Samsung still hadn't posted this on their website as of yesterday (it just said 1.5 Ghz dual-core processor). Which I think is odd--wonder why they "hid it."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones