1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Full Wipe?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knitpurlgurl, Apr 27, 2011.

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Android Enthusiast
    None

This is going to sound so noob - but when I wipe, I usually wipe Factory & Data and then Dalvik. Should I go through everything in the wipe menu? Or are these two things considered a full wipe? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2010
    Law School Student
    Those are the two things I consider a full wipe. I only wipe battery stats if my battery readings are going wonky. I've never wiped cache from Amon_Ra, but I do use Cache Cleaner NG.

knitpurlgurl likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    if you are using "trackball optional" recovery now,theres an option to wipe cache,so id wipe that too. its not neccessary to wipe battery stats every time you flash.as a matter of fact, the "correct" procedure for wiping battery stats seems to differ depending on who you talk to. :eek:

i generally just charge fully,wipe stats,and if the battery level has dropped ill charge untill full again. some folks will do this a 2nd and even a 3ird time,but i dont have that much patience ;) like metal,i dont do batt stats unless i think for some reason maybe its off,or doin somethin wierd.

knitpurlgurl likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    not only do i wipe cache when flashing a rom for the first time,i usually wipe it+ dalvik when doing an "update" :)

knitpurlgurl likes this.
  5. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    Anybody who is going to wipe battery stats is better off with this free app instead - you don't have to waste time booting to Recovery. AppBrain Android market | Battery Calibration

Wipe sd:ext is only useful if you are switching from a 2.1 based ROM using apps2sd with a partitioned SD card - it wipes the apps off the partitioned ext3 partition on the SD card.

knitpurlgurl likes this.