• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
This is going to sound so noob - but when I wipe, I usually wipe Factory & Data and then Dalvik. Should I go through everything in the wipe menu? Or are these two things considered a full wipe? Thanks!

if you are using "trackball optional" recovery now,theres an option to wipe cache,so id wipe that too. its not neccessary to wipe battery stats every time you flash.as a matter of fact, the "correct" procedure for wiping battery stats seems to differ depending on who you talk to. :eek:

i generally just charge fully,wipe stats,and if the battery level has dropped ill charge untill full again. some folks will do this a 2nd and even a 3ird time,but i dont have that much patience ;) like metal,i dont do batt stats unless i think for some reason maybe its off,or doin somethin wierd.

Reactions: knitpurlgurl
Upvote 0
Anybody who is going to wipe battery stats is better off with this free app instead - you don't have to waste time booting to Recovery. AppBrain Android market | Battery Calibration

Wipe sd:ext is only useful if you are switching from a 2.1 based ROM using apps2sd with a partitioned SD card - it wipes the apps off the partitioned ext3 partition on the SD card.

Reactions: knitpurlgurl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones