• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fully charged @ 10PM last night, @ 70% this morning--WTF?!

PeaceMaker

Jul 7, 2010
NJ
Seriously!? I charged it to 100% last night (from death -- 0%), ran ATK, had Smart Battery mode on to shut off data and everything at 10:30, woke up this morning to a battery @ 70%, seriously WTF is going on?

That is totally unacceptable. I had no apps running, nothing on auto, GPS/WIFI/AutoUpdate/etc. OFF!

SpareParts
Network usage:
1013 = quarter bar

Cpu usage:
nothing to talk about, can barely see any colors on this chart

Sensor usage:
UID 1001 = almost 100% (wtf is this?)

Partial wake:
Barely anything to talk about

Battery Use Since unplugged (currently 10 hrs):
Cell standby = 57%
--Time on = 19hr (not since last unplugged)
--Time w/o signal = 50% (from me turning off data?)
Display = 34% (from this morning)
PHone Idle = 10% -- 9hr 40m
Does ADW launcher and widget locker chew up batteries?

get a tripod and put a camera to record your phone all night, see if a ghost came in and used it...lol no but seriously, ATK may have shut everything down for that moment and something may have started back up afterwards, either set ATK to run hourly or uninstall all or any questionable apps that you think might start up to get info from the web or something.

Upvote 0
There are several threads about the time without signal 50% bug. Some say its no biggie, but others swear it is contributing to the reduction of battery life. I'm one of the ones who has seen better battery life by rectifying the problem.

What I do is nightly, before I power off, toggle on airplane mode. Then I power down as usual. In the morning, after I power up and the droid is fully awake for a few minutes, I toggle off airplane mode. If I check my time without signal during the day after that, it is always at or near 0%.

If I power up without the airplane toggle, time without signal is at or near 50% and I my battery power suffers. Do a search for the bug and you'll find more info. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Change your battery settings by going to the main Settings > Battery Manager > Battery Profile > Smart Mode. After setting it to Smart Mode, I opened every app and adjusted its settings/preferences. I set everything to manual refresh/update. The only apps set to hourly updates are e-mail, weather, and sports ticker. If your phone was trying to find a signal throughout the night, hit *228 then prompt 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones