• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fully fixed 3D Nexus Galley

bump

also have simular issue, running 2.1v3. issure found in all versions posted. Some pics taken with cam do not show when viewing images in the 101media file. when the do show they take long time to load and dont show in gallery. Just the "Grey Box"! Anyone else?

Just installed the 2.1 OTA. I get these bugs also. Sometimes pics don't show up at all, sometimes the thumbnails don't generate (just grey boxes). Very frustrating. The title is called "fully fixed 3d nexus gallery", but that's definitely not true.

Upvote 0
Andrizoid or anyone using this gallery, I'm having problems I can't resolve. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times, emptied the cache, everything I can think of. When I open the program, all displayed files are appearing in 3-D style, with L side of display at a distance, and R side in near view. I cannot get it out of this mode, so that the photos appear parallel to the screen. This occurs in either stack or gallery view. As a result, the photos are so small, it's hard make them out clearly (until I open them).

I've swiped, tapped, and done everything short of strangling. Even with reinstalling, I can't get it back to a normal, parallel view with the photos in readable size.

Also, I cannot get the landscape mode to work.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Andrizoid or anyone using this gallery, I'm having problems I can't resolve. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times, emptied the cache, everything I can think of. When I open the program, all displayed files are appearing in 3-D style, with L side of display at a distance, and R side in near view. I cannot get it out of this mode, so that the photos appear parallel to the screen. This occurs in either stack or gallery view. As a result, the photos are so small, it's hard make them out clearly (until I open them).

I've swiped, tapped, and done everything short of strangling. Even with reinstalling, I can't get it back to a normal, parallel view with the photos in readable size.

Also, I cannot get the landscape mode to work.

Any suggestions?

sounds like your accelerometer is going weird

Reactions: greyhndz
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is it possible to use the stock camera and save the pictures in the 3D gallery?

Yes the pictures taken with the stock camera are saved in a folder in the Nexus gallery (100Media). It you use a different camera app, like I am now using camera360 it saves them in a different folder (mine is called camera). but they are all viewable in the gallery.

Upvote 0
yes to both. i tried to down load it again and it says "the content is not supported on the phone. no app can be found to open this file. do you still want to download it?." odd

The method I have always used is to download it via PC, then mount the SD card and copy it over. On the phone, navigate to the file on the card and select it to open the installer. Did you download the file to the card anyway?

Upvote 0
Thanks...yea...i've got the picture frame widget, but with the album widget you tap it and it open up the htc gallery...if you tap the picture frame widget it does nothing...thanks though...

Same problem here! Lemme check the rest of the forum for answers...

UPDATE ...and so far, nothing. What's the use if we can't access the super neato gallery from our chosen thumbnail widget on the home screen?

Incidentally, I used the HTC Sync application to load the apk and have no problems accessing the Gallery through menu/settings and scrolling thru pics etc, just the issue with the selected frame widget on my home screen being a dead link. Any solutions?

Upvote 0
The method I have always used is to download it via PC, then mount the SD card and copy it over. On the phone, navigate to the file on the card and select it to open the installer. Did you download the file to the card anyway?
this might be the problem. i am trying to download it directly from my phone because my home comp if fried. i do appreciate all your help and advise anyway though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones