1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root fully stock 2.2.1 the easiest way imo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djthebogan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. djthebogan

djthebogan Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    This has only been tested on an older Optimus V with the Hitachi screen baseband zv4. I'm not sure if will work on the newer phones.

Basically i just used two different threads on here so credits go to them..
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...uide-100-stock-lg-optimus-v-all-versions.html

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Start by downloading these files to the root of your sd card
    superuser.apk
    flash_image
    flashimagegui.apk
    gingerbreak.apk

Then download optimusV_stock_nandroid_and_recovery.zip and unzip the contents......(which are recovery.img and a folder BCDS-20110203-0357)

Copy the recovery.img file to the root of your sd card.

Now copy the folder "BCDS-20110203-0357" to

/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/

paste the folder inside "backup"

(If you do not have a clockworkmod folder on the root of your sdcard create it. Also if you do not have a backup folder inside clockworkmod, create that also)

I think getting all that on your card is the hardest part, lol. Now, boot into cwm recovery like you would if you were flashing a new rom.

like usual,

Wipe cache and dalvik cache

under mounts format boot, cache, data, and system

select "backup and restore"

select "restore"

select "BCDS-20110203-0357"

select yes

reboot.

After reboot, skip adding google account if it asks, then go to settings, applications, and select unknown sources.

Using a file browser such as androzip, go to the root of your sd card and install superuser.apk, flashimagegui.apk, and gingerbreak.apk

open flash image gui

select recovery, browse to the root of your sdcard and select the recovery.img

check clear cache and dalvik

then let it do its magic and reboot. you now have a stock rom with stock recovery, but you are still rooted.

now just open gingerbreak app and select unroot. after reboot you should be 100% stock.

Advertisement

brotherswing likes this.
  2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    The Hitachi screens are the newer ones. The older models (like mine) have the Novatek screen. Nice write up, good help for those who may need it.

Tags: