• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fun with magnets

woffles

Lurker
Nov 20, 2009
So I read on here that the Droid uses a magnet to tell if it's in the media dock or the car dock. Decided to try it out myself. I had an old HP holster that I cut a little flat magnet out of and it does work. The funny thing is that the little magnet will stick to the back of the phone so you could use this with any generic car holder that the Droid will fit into. Just stick the magnet to its back and put it in the cradle. Flip it around if you want the media dock page. Kind of surprised me that it stuck on its own. Wasn't expecting that.

lol cool! I found that my little sleave I put it in has a little magnet to keep the flap closed (its my old BB storm one) well I was wondering why my battery life was so so... Found out the magnet in the closure of the holder will trick the phone into thinking its on the craddle! Dug out the magnet what do I know better battery life lol Hey maybe I should carry a magnet around to wake the damn thing up after a phone call haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones