1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Funky stuff happening after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JEF81, May 26, 2011.

1. JEF81

JEF81 Newbie

Ok guys, hoping someone can help...I am not rooted and did update to 2.2.2.

Whenever I plug my headphones in the Atrix starts to act really funky...it thinks I'm pushing the in line button and starts my music automatically or initiates a phone call to my last dialed contact. Very strange and annoying. Yesterday the thing totally freaked out while I was on a phone call (using my headset) and kept dialing and hanging up on the person I was talking to...

Any ideas here? Anyone experience something similar. By the way, it's not just the type of headphones (Bose) that I'm using because it did the same thing when I had it hooked up to my tape deck in my car to play music. While using Pandora all of a sudden Winamp would start playing out of no where. :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Odd. And this started the moment you upgraded??

3. JEF81

JEF81 Newbie

I think so, yes. Not sure if it has anything to do with the update though. I did a factory reset a couple days ago and still experiencing the issue.

4. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Chances are, it was a bad coincidence and your headphone port may be going out. May just need to visist an AT&T store and get a replacement sent to you. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but that is my advice.

5. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

you can try a factory reset to see if it will solve anything, although you may lose everything and it may still happen.
    or you could try connecting Motorola support.......which will probably tell you to factory reset anyways, not sure At&t will do much

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews