1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Funny little gem... or should I say jelly?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by artaxerxes, Aug 6, 2013.

1. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Well-Known Member

I have stock 4.1.2 and discovered this:
    Settings -> About Phone ->
    Repeatedly (and quickly) tap the Android version entry.
    If this is widely known, forgive me, I just thought it's cool.

Advertisement

funkylogik likes this.
  2. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast

is it the artwork thing?

theyve had it since (at least) gingerbread.

still always fun to stumble across easter eggs though.

funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Lol yeah bro its really well known but probably a lot of people on here dont know about it. All the android versions have a different one. People call them "easter eggs" :beer:

4. artaxerxes

So let me get this straight. My phone is a "candy bar" form, the Android version is "Jelly Bean", and I've found an "Easter Egg". Damn, now I'm hungry.

Should I try licking my phone? Just one lick?

Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. funkylogik

You seriously DONT lick your phone every morning when you wake up!?!? Bloody weirdo lol youre not a true androgeek :D

6. artaxerxes

Hey I could market it as a new weight loss thing. Evey time you're hungry, instead of eating, lick your phone! Maybe not.

7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

Tap the build number a few times and it will say "you're now a developer" and more neat options show up :)

Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast

easter egg is just a general term for any hidden little goofy thing. mostly used by programmers cuz they have bizzare senses of humor.

Google is probably the biggest source of them, windows used to have a few but they stopped using them a while back.

heres a great way to waste some time using google products.
    List of Google hoaxes and easter eggs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

my favorites are the hidden nods to 70s/80s games (like google image search atari breakout, or press an arrow key while waiting for a youtube video to load up lets you play snake).

funkylogik likes this.
  9. nickdalzell

Many other products have easter eggs too. Call of Duty Black Ops has one that if you're in Nuketown as soon as a game begins have every player hack the heads off all the dummies in ten seconds you hear the Rolling Stones' "sympathy for the devil"

funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

Only on android >4.2. Lol i played with a sgs4 in a store and the staff didnt know how to activate it so i googled it with my s3 :D

Rxpert83 likes this.
  11. nickdalzell

The S3 uses 4.1.2 and the trick is the same. It is how I got Dev options on that phone to show.

funkylogik likes this.
  12. funkylogik

Right. Must be the version they sent you man because i never had to "unhide" dev' options until 4.2.x :thumbup:

13. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

You can lick it once, quickly, but no drooling!
    That would void the warranty!!;):p

14. artaxerxes

Hey, they said my phone had some special coating on the inside to 'prevent' water damage. Haven't tried it though, I have my reserves about getting my phone wet for some strange reason.

damewolf13 likes this.
  15. nickdalzell

I remember when I had a deer get too close to one of my phones and lick it (Nokia 6010) and that phone did some mighty strange things afterwards. Calling folks in my contacts on its own, self-dialing emergency 9 (very humiliating) and emails which could be read but would give a 'message doesn't exist' error when attempting to delete.

damewolf13 likes this.