1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Furious!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Furiousposter, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Furiousposter

Furiousposter Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Europe
    Hello to you all.

Forgive my rather irate first post. In the past three weeks I have purchased the Galaxy pad and was so pleased with that I went out and bought the Nexus S mobile phone.
    I used to use Nokia and still find them the best -phone- but hate the symbian OS. I need to sync my PC and lap top with my phone and pad. I live in an area where reception is awful and only truly acceptable on Nokia phones. I have been using a variety of HTC phones over the past few years that are windows but oh my the reception is awful on them. I last purchased an HTC legend, very nice Android phone again though awful as a -phone-.

To the point, at last, I cannot for the life of me get kies to sync anything with either of my new devices. I have read some posts here and understand I am not alone, lol.
    Are we saying then that it is not possible to sync with MS outlook, if this is the case I have foolishly just spent over a grand on two pieces of electronic scap! PLEASE tell me I am able to at least sync outlook.:rolleyes:

I also note that I cannot register my Nexus on the samsung site..... where do I register the purchase then.:thinking:

Best wishes to one and all.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Furiousposter likes this.
  3. Furiousposter

Furiousposter Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Europe
    So true!

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Syncing your phone with Outlook via USB connection requires the use of third party software. Unfortunately even Microsoft is moving away from desktop activesync. Check out...

Android Sync Software - Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes -- CompanionLink Software

I wish I could offer you some suggestions regarding KIES but I have none. Some have been successful by switching to other USB ports, others have tried rebooting their phone and/or PC. Sadly Samsung KIES seems to work well for some and not well for others...

Furiousposter likes this.
  5. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    Furiousposter - Just jumping in to say that if you go with CompanionLink and ever have any questions or need anything, we're here to help!

- David Z