• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Future Anthrax

Im getting really frustrated with Chad because I can't find a place to download his latest kernels anymore. Im allowed access to his forums but I'm denied access to forum downloads and his repo.

Is everyone else experiencing the same problem or is it just me?

I had this problem too, someone posted some mirrors but I just saw this post by chad goodman

"people who cant download:

new rules - u need atleast 1 "valid" post before you can download
permissions will auto-updated every 15 min.. to try again in 11 minutes (x:00, x:15, x:30, x:45)"

Upvote 0
First time flashing kernels... I'm learning a bit more as I go along but when I first saw MidnightROM I joined chads forums.

If you follow the rules, get involved in topics and engage in some shoutbox conversation you're pretty golden.
Make a welcome post, wait for its approval and then go comment on some stuff you like. You'll get access to downloads and whatnot.

as for 2.7.5; I'm sticking with 2.7.2 for a while; until something major changes.

Upvote 0
I had this problem too, someone posted some mirrors but I just saw this post by chad goodman

"people who cant download:

new rules - u need atleast 1 "valid" post before you can download
permissions will auto-updated every 15 min.. to try again in 11 minutes (x:00, x:15, x:30, x:45)"

Thanks I had a feeling that I had to make at least 1 post

Upvote 0
I think pre 2.5.7..anything before that it us very important to delete the post_boot.sh file..I'm still testing but before I deleted that file I had quite a few random reboots ..after I had none..now I'm testing 2.5.7 and it creates it own post_boot file but I have yet to have a random reboot this build..but for anyone running a pre 2.5.7 build. In my opinion very important to ditch that file

Upvote 0
First time flashing kernels... I'm learning a bit more as I go along but when I first saw MidnightROM I joined chads forums.

If you follow the rules, get involved in topics and engage in some shoutbox conversation you're pretty golden.
Make a welcome post, wait for its approval and then go comment on some stuff you like. You'll get access to downloads and whatnot.

as for 2.7.5; I'm sticking with 2.7.2 for a while; until something major changes.

Yeah, same here. I'm more comfortable with 2.7.2 because it runs a lot cooler on my phone than the newer versions.

Upvote 0
I'm going to flash back to 2.5.7 and see if battery life is better. I shouldn't loose too much performance according to the change log.

battery life is so so..tbh..the battery life is probably my second biggest issue so far..besides the random reboots..which i think is fixable on our end..the battery life would need to be adjusted on the dev end..wonder if chad can integrate sbc

Upvote 0
battery life is so so..tbh..the battery life is probably my second biggest issue so far..besides the random reboots..which i think is fixable on our end..the battery life would need to be adjusted on the dev end..wonder if chad can integrate sbc

That would be great if he could make SBC an option in the kernel. Some people complain its risky but its really no more risky than overclocking/volting your device.
I havnt seen an SBC kernel for the Evo 3D so I don't know how difficult it would be to put it into a kernel.

Upvote 0
That would be great if he could make SBC an option in the kernel. Some people complain its risky but its really no more risky than overclocking/volting your device.
I havnt seen an SBC kernel for the Evo 3D so I don't know how difficult it would be to put it into a kernel.

I actually think that overclocking /volting is more dangerous than the charging mod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones