• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Future Plans] AI_TEAM "The Thread"

LDrifta

No Stranger 2 Danger
Jun 7, 2011
Lynn, MA
Now we have a team:
~Fuzzy13
~P-bot
~ShineySide
~V SuperUser V
~Dr0idWhisperer
~Max25002
~Mexjoker
~mrpnut
~HereticSins
~& your's truley :D

(everyone that 'wants-in' on this, just leave a reply on thread with this "+1" and ill slap ya name up on OP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chat sessions will mostly be held in the group IRC channel, but can also be found here and on gtalk.

IRC Channel: #Esteem-AI_TEAM

login here: http://webchat.freenode.net/

or use one of these many free clients for "browser" chat found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_Relay_Chat_clients

I personally use 'Nettalk'

there are guides on setting them up on google lol

These are some ideas we originally had listed in OP and some added, im sure there will be more..

Possibly do-able:

-Add AM/PM & Clock show/hide toggles
-Re-locate(shortcut) of wifi/data (maybe bluetooth if requested..) toggle switches
-Add toggle for built-in flash lite (this is just an idea not sure if it's do-able lol should be though..)
-Remove built in power widgets and replace with better!! like this..
-Horizontle app switcher like this
-More to come...

Do-able with linux/compile:

-Add recent apps and various toggles/options on statusbar like this..

Thanks to everyone who is an 'Esteemer' haha we do it all for YOU!
and of coarse thanks to the OG's of the Esteem, PlayfulGod & mtmichaelson (and whoever else helped toward gaining root im sorry if i didn't mention your name just tell me :D) none of this would be possible without you guys.

Beats Audio! And no not that garbage flash zip because it has to be built into the kernel and also uses 3 or 4 HTC system apps

o yes i am feeling this one we must be thinking alike he said it all but we wanna feel the bass and hear the real xloud and real srs not that junk in the trunk :D:thumbup::rock::thrasher:

Upvote 0
also how about a theme chooser where we can flash and leave and just change when we want , not with the carry of 6 themes on my sd card ...... so a theme chooser apk

That's incredibly hard to implement into roms, heavy changed to the frameworks. It will/should be in CM7/CM9 but very doubtful it will be in any roms based on stock

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones