1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Future Proof?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlueGoldAce, Jul 25, 2011.

1. BlueGoldAce

BlueGoldAce Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    I am think of purchasing the galaxy tab 10.1 in the next few days. Do you think this is a good, future proof tab? Or do you think it is going to be quickly left in the dust, and thus is not a great investment?

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I am a graduate student, and a tablet could be really useful for myself...but I can't afford to buy one every six months.

Advertisement

2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    There is no such thing as a future proof consumer electronic. Are you still using cassette tapes and a VCR? Sorry, but there will always be something better than what you bought a few months after you bought it. If you always wait for something better then you will never get anything. If it works for what you want then go for it. There is always the Best Buy program where they buyback, but the price for the program is not that great.

3. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    I think you are good until the Quad core units come out in oh I'd say 4 months or so....:/

4. BlueGoldAce

BlueGoldAce Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011

Who is to say that this tablet will outdated then? I not top of the line, but I'm willing too bet it will stay relevant for a while. I too many tegra 2 owners for nividia to allowed devices to be abandoned in 4 months.....specially since tegra 2 phones and tablets are still rolling out and being developed.

5. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    I never said that the GT10 would be obsolete when the quad cores are released. I said that you should be good at least until then. The truth is, if you plan on buying any electronic device you should realize that it has a good chance of being outdated in just a few months. That's just a fact. Will your device still be useful? Sure. It just may not be the latest greatest thing out there at that point.

6. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    California
    Technology always evolves. I've had my laptop for about 4 years now, but still runs great and does what I need it to do. There will probably be better tablets that are released during the holidays or early next year. If the tab 10.1 attracts you know and it does what you need it to do....go for it. Otherwise like another poster said, if you wait for something better you'll never be able to get anything.