1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Future Theme plans and suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nuttmeg, Aug 16, 2012.

1. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

now with future plans and themes let's begin. [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidAdmire

AndroidAdmire Well-Known Member

Full Jelly Bean and Ubuntu!!!

nuttmeg likes this.
  3. OptiC-ShotS

OptiC-ShotS Android Enthusiast

Transparent status bar :D

4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

You can do that really easy in ROM toolbox ;)

its not all that great cause when you open your notification bar the text will overlap the icons and what not.

nuttmeg and OptiC-ShotS like this.
  5. chicanito

chicanito Well-Known Member

Shiny has a colorful and flashy idea lol

6. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

transparent mms or atleast more themed mms like shiny's but more colors and looks to choose from i know fuzz said something about mms transparent looking funky one time but i gotta see for myself, one man's funk is another man's swag.....ok maybe not but i still wanna see.

7. nuttmeg

That also depends on the wallpaper background you have set when your using mms. :D

8. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

well my google voice is transparent and it looks great

9. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Wonder if I/we can make the mms background transparent....Gonna try later...Gonna try Working on an Mms for a guy over in the Spectrum forum later on tonight that I havent been able to do since my apktool has been stupid.

10. nuttmeg

have you tried the one ldrifta posted a few days ago?

11. jburt

jburt Member

You should do a lighter theme - most other themes out there have black backgrounds with dark red or blue text. Maybe some grays or whites and text that will cause eyegasms. :D

12. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Where's it at? Didn't know he did one

13. chicanito

chicanito Well-Known Member

I've thought of that but there's a problem. changing the background will also change the background of some apps, i.e Root Explorer. now lets say we change the background to white and you open up RE you wont be able to read anything because the font is white. thats the issue with light themes. maybe a nice shade of gray that you can read white font in would work, but some people might have trouble reading it.

14. jburt

jburt Member

That's true I did not think of that. I don't know, there are too many all-black-background themes out there. Even if it was a medium shade of gray with some kind of design or what not that would be nice. Neutral colors seem to be more eye-appealing (versus, say, neon colors)

15. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

my first idea for a theme for the esteem when i wanted to try to make themes for it was a old school super mario theme along with the sounds for alert and ringtone, well since ive failed at themes ill submit that as an idea lol

16. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Been saying all along a silver /platinum look with shades of lighter Grey will look solid

17. jburt

jburt Member

I formally second that

18. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

this is what i asked fuzzy if it was possible he told me he tried but didnt like the results but since it been done for cm7 could it be done for gingerbread as well?

[​IMG]

got that pic from Pinoy Droid Alliance -> [TUT]CM7 TRANSPARENT SMS THREAD, AND KEYBOARD
    im using my own theme which has almost everything transparent cept gtalk and sms messages i would love to have my mms.apk transparent along with gtalk but mostly my mms.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews