• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fuzzy Contact Pictures

appleaj

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
USA
Has anyone found a way to make your contact pictures clear for phone calls or widgets? I'm using high resolution pictures from my computer, but they're still showing up fuzzy on calls. The weird thing about the people widget is that a few of the pictures will show up clear, but the rest look horrible. Someone told me the issue was that Google compresses the pictures when they're synced with the contacts down to around 96x96, if that's the case, does anyone know if that can be changed? (I'm assuming not)

I also have that same proplem.
Even the picture that I take with the phone's camera and I set the picture as Contact Icon is blurry too!
Don't know why this happens.
The only Contact Icon that shows good are the contacts frinds that I have linked to facebook, that's the only way the pictures are Great!!

Does Any one have a solution for this?

Upvote 0
Has anyone found a way to make your contact pictures clear for phone calls or widgets? I'm using high resolution pictures from my computer, but they're still showing up fuzzy on calls. The weird thing about the people widget is that a few of the pictures will show up clear, but the rest look horrible. Someone told me the issue was that Google compresses the pictures when they're synced with the contacts down to around 96x96, if that's the case, does anyone know if that can be changed? (I'm assuming not)

Same issue... the pics I upload are fuzzy but the FB profile pics are crystal clear. Very annoying issue!

Upvote 0
I tried as some have suggested and unlinked the contact from Google (which, for some reason, also unlinks it from Facebook...odd). I manually set the pic using a high-res image. It was fine for the first couple of phone calls, but after that it is blurry again. I checked and it is not linked. What gives...

Upvote 0
I had this problem.. the only way I was able to fix it was by adding each picture and making sure I hit save on the contact information instead of just backing out and letting it autosave. No idea why that worked, but they seem okay now. I also made sure to do each individually, go to the friend widget and let it update, then proceed to the next contact.

Upvote 0

UGH, I've been having this problem and I really wish there was a fix for it. Glad I'm not the only one.

Upvote 0
I can't find the thread now, but someone in another forum (on this site) posted a band-aid fix that works perfectly. You have to create a dummy contact entry of the person you wish to fix (Facebook photos aren't affected to my knowledge. It is the ones with a custom chosen contact photo) and link them. It takes less than a minute, so I just did the most used ones for me.

For example, your wife's name is Jane Doe. You create a second Jane Doe contact and save it to the phone. Then you open the other (real) Jane Doe contact and when you go in to link that contact you will notice the other Jane Doe on the phone as an option. Then you can set the image and it works perfectly every time.

Sorry if that isn't very clear. Someone posted it, but now I can't find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones