1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

fuzzy noise

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bradm, May 25, 2011.

1. bradm

bradm Lurker

Hi, anyone got this, when making/receiving calls (UK/VODAFONE), I can hear background noise, like you would get if you placed your mobile next to the tv.
    So bad I can't hear people speak at times. This is my third device (Samsung galaxy s ll)

Thanks

BC

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. elektrobix

elektrobix Member

My line is very clear, also on UK Vodafone. How weird that it's happened to 3 phones :thinking:

3. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member

Have you got it in a case at all?

4. bradm

bradm Lurker

No, but I tried an experiment, the issue is when the phone is on use both GSM/3G network, when I tell the phone to only use 3G, its fine.

No case is being used.

5. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I know it's not very helpful but no, the call quality has been no different to my iPhone. I'm on O2 in UK and so far, while I can sometimes hear a slight hum, it's not intrusive and only noticeable when there is complete silence on the other end.

6. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member

Were the other devices you had returned because of the same fuzzy noise issue? From what you're saying, could be a dodgy handset, but if it has happened to all three then I have no idea...

7. bradm

bradm Lurker

the first one, was due to the noise, the second had a screen where at times the screen would develop lines.
    With the first one I never tried the Network change.
    The noise seems to only appear in GSM mode.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews