• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fwd of email attachments and saving text messages

ruth0322

Lurker
Dec 3, 2009
I apologize if this was already mentioned/spoken about..so my apologies in advance if so. There are two things I am having issues with on my droid.

* When I forward attachments they do not forward to other emails. I am told that they are not attached.

* I don't see an option to save a text thread.

Am I crazy, or are these items needing a "fix?"

I apologize if this was already mentioned/spoken about..so my apologies in advance if so. There are two things I am having issues with on my droid.

* When I forward attachments they do not forward to other emails. I am told that they are not attached.

* I don't see an option to save a text thread.

Am I crazy, or are these items needing a "fix?"
I am looking into the email attachment thing and someone else may have the answer all ready.
As far as saving a text thread, I use gmail and google backup and ALL my texts are saved online. I don't think I could save them with my old phone.

Upvote 0
I am also looking for ways to forward e mails with attachments.
The mails are forwarded, but there are no attachments.
Help anyone?.
I have just sent myself and email with a jpeg, 787 KB attached. I then forwarded it to myself again and it again came through. I use gmail. Is there a specific type of file you are trying to send that is failing? I have some apps on my phone that allow me to open word files, etc. and I wouldn't mind testing for your problem. I do not use exchange so I can't test that.

Upvote 0
Don't apologize. Many of the issues you have, or may experience, have most likely been covered already. Just use the "search" feature, on top/right of the first thread listing for a given forum.

That said, it would help if you specify:

1. Which email application you are using
2. What type of attachment
3. Is the account functioning properly for both sending and receiving.
4. What part of the attach process is not working.

If trying to send from a POP3 account, and you're having trouble with the native client named Email, you may want to switch to the production version of K-9 Mail (and not the "Beta" version).

If trying to send from an Exchange account, and the native "Corporate Account" app is not working, you may want to look again at 3rd party apps...Touchdown being the preferred.

If still having problems, you may need to install a "file explorer" type program such as Astro, just to provide simple file management capability on the phone itself.

Upvote 0
Any luck with finding some answers on this? I just got my Incredible 4 days ago and was just about to propose marriage to it until I took a picture and attached it to an email to myself and hit send......then my phone chimed and alerted me that "unable to send email" this chime continued over and over again every 15 seconds or so until I deleted the email from my outbox

Things I have tried to fix it that have been unsuccessful:
-Calling Verizon
-Sending from a Hotmail account and my native Gmail account
-attaching the file to the email from inside of the photo folder to each of the 2 accounts
-attaching the file from the newly composed email working out of the email compose screens for both accounts
-doing all of the above over again after a battery pull
-taking a smaller picture (lower res and quality) and trying all of the above with that smaller file
-searching forums
-searching google
-giving my phone a good strangle

Please help if you have any info that will allow me to correct this problem, I would be nice if I could have a top of the line phone, take a picture with it and be able to send that picture as an attachment from the email address of my choosing.

Thanks in advance for your HIGHLY anticipated feedback!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones