• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FYI Copy Protected Apps Missing

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
I am sure everyone knows of an app that they would like but can't find it in Market. Well the main issue is when a developer makes the app, if they add the copy protection feature to the app (makes it so you can't back it up and make copies) they will not show up in Market when on the backflip. I have tried with sim in over wifi and sim out over wifi and cannot find these apps. For example I want to purchase RoadSync for exchange push e-mail (and not have to wait 15+ minutes to get my e-mails); however the "key" app is a copy protected app so it does not show up in market.

From my understanding this is an issue with Motorola :mad:(and that the phone is so locked down) anyways, just in case you did not know. If anyone knows of a way around this, please post.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones