1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FYI - Flashing ROMS & the Kindle App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikey517, Nov 2, 2010.

1. mikey517

mikey517 Member

Imagine my surprise when I went to open a purchased book on my Kindle App, and was told that I had exceeded the max number of devices registered to my Kindle account.

Upon further investigation, I found that each time I flashed a new rom, it registered as a new device on my Kindle / Amazon account!

This was easily rectified by deregistering all but the "6th Eris Device"....and I'm good to go.

Just thought I'd share this with those readers here who use the Kindle App - no need to do a small flip-out.....like I did.....:p

jae_63 and doogald like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I'm so glad that you reported this! That said, I've flashed three Froyo and four eclair ROMs since I set up a Kindle account and it only lists two Android devices in my account. Titanium Backup rocks!

3. mikey517

mikey517 Member

Yeah....I'm pretty sure I downloaded the app from the market each time I flashed a new ROM update. Next time I'll just re-install from Titanium...

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews