• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FYI] Issues with QIK on Backflip

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
I just wanted to share this with the android community
Original post: http://gsfn.us/t/tv01

I have an issue where when I use QIK, the camera crashes and no longer works (Backflip with android 1.5, stock rom). The response I received was;

Hi James, this doesn't seem to be a Qik-related problem. It might be because you have too many applications and your SD card is running out of memory. You might want to free up some memory of your SD card or uncheck "keep video files" in Qik "settings".
and
You said as soon as you close Qik, the camera is no longer usable - "the camera" means your native camera? Did you exist Qik? If you have a Droid/Nexus One which allows multiple apps to run at the same time, after you press home button, Qik is still running, hence your native camera can't be used.

If you see that "out of memory" message, you can take out of your battery, put in, start your phone and launch Qik - the message should be gone.

Yes a great response; well I don't need an answer, I will not be using QIK again. I just wanted to make everyone aware of it and what they said was a fix.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones