• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G Andorid having same problem as windows

Whatever said, Windows still holds over 90% of the operating system market while Apple has less than 5%. Why ? Because Windows has more programs, more hardware options, while being much cheaper.

Either you can have a closed, tightly controlled platform that tell users: ok this is what you get, you should learn to live with it and you should pay us huge sums of money for it because we say so. OR have an open platform that welcomes creativity and competition. True, there might be few glitches here and there, but I am more than happy to have a system with few glitches but works better overall, the way I want; and most importantly, something I can afford.

Upvote 0
Hello friends,

I was searching over net whole day about android phone and just came across from a news
Google Android phone having the same problems that Windows faced
Is that really G android have a problem that windows suffering ?

As per Wozniak said.

Zyak

There's a surprise.

Other late breaking news ...

Alan Mulally claims Ford automobiles are vastly superior to any other American made vehicles.

Howard Stringer criticizes Toshiba and Samsung products as lacking focus and standards.

Osama Bin Laden declares all western Christians to be infidels.

(At least I didn't say "Hitler" ... ooops)

Upvote 0
Whatever said, Windows still holds over 90% of the operating system market while Apple has less than 5%. Why ? Because Windows has more programs, more hardware options, while being much cheaper.

Either you can have a closed, tightly controlled platform that tell users: ok this is what you get, you should learn to live with it and you should pay us huge sums of money for it because we say so. OR have an open platform that welcomes creativity and competition. True, there might be few glitches here and there, but I am more than happy to have a system with few glitches but works better overall, the way I want; and most importantly, something I can afford.

I think you've hit it on the head. iOS is much stabler than Android. You rarely see apps crashing or force closing. You don't see the OS hanging up. You don't see any glitches software wise. This is because Apple controls the hardware and the software and can customize the software to the hardware and vice versa. They also have full control over their app store so they can control which apps will run on their platform and ban those that cause stability problems. The system is extremely closed, but in exchange for a closed system you get more stability and they get total control over what their unit can do.

Android is way, way more open. It's got to run on all kinds of hardware so it's harder to customize the hardware for the OS or vice versa. Anyone can write apps for it. Anyone can write apps that are buggy as hell for it. It's the trade off you get for an open platform.

Upvote 0
So it seems pretty much that it's coming down to whether someone wants an easy to use system that generally doesn't crash but doesn't let one do everything they want it to and HOW they want it to (aka Apple) or one in which someone can customize nearly all aspects of the phone and tell it to do something how they want it to, but it crashes every now and then (aka Android). I think it's simply a reliability vs. performance thing. You can't always have both.

Upvote 0
I think you've hit it on the head. iOS is much stabler than Android. You rarely see apps crashing or force closing. You don't see the OS hanging up. You don't see any glitches software wise.

Oh yeah, 3G and even some 3GS users absolutely agree with you after updating to iOS4.

YouTube - iOS 4.0 on 3G iPhone (parody)

Stablest OS ever! No glitch! Everything just works! It's magical!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones