• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G-BOX Rockchip 2918 Gingerbread - Really plays and outputs FullHD

Hello, this is my guide about unpack/repack images.. it is in italian. but you can use google translator embedded in the page

rk2918 - Creazione di una Custom Rom per dispositivi (rooted) [clamel.netai.net]

bye

Great job, Clamel. I am spanish, and more os less I understand the manual. Do you know if it's possible to remove some memory tasks?. I think there are a lot of trash filling the memory.

And now, in Italian/Spanish.

Buono laboro, Clamel. Io soy spagnolo, y comprendo il manuale.

Upvote 0
Hello, this is my guide about unpack/repack images.. it is in italian. but you can use google translator embedded in the page

rk2918 - Creazione di una Custom Rom per dispositivi (rooted) [clamel.netai.net]

bye

I've reading the guide slowly, and I've realised your TV-Box is ATV2918, that is different of our rk2918. Maybe, your CPU manufacturer is "Amlogic", but our manufacturer is "Rockchip".

I bought (and I think all the people here too) this model:

Android TV G-Box ATV-S12 - Android 2.3 - RockChip RK2918 ARM Cortex A8 [ AP-ATV-ATV-S12 ] - AsiaPads

Is the same as yours?.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
try with with *post 126. Its pc update you must have usb male/male !
ps
1.did you try with reset/on backside near power suply/turn off, hold reset, power on and see whats happen
2.sd card format on FAT with panasonic SDFormatter/sd card 2gb/ if not, try with FAT32 and change sd card /transcend, not always Kingstone, its 70% fake/

Upvote 0
I've reading the guide slowly, and I've realised your TV-Box is ATV2918, that is different of our rk2918. Maybe, your CPU manufacturer is "Amlogic", but our manufacturer is "Rockchip".

I bought (and I think all the people here too) this model:

Android TV G-Box ATV-S12 - Android 2.3 - RockChip RK2918 ARM Cortex A8 [ AP-ATV-ATV-S12 ] - AsiaPads

Is the same as yours?.

Thank you very much.

My box is also based on rockchip rk2918.. it is not the same as yours, but it is probable the way to manage firmware are similar.. I write my procedure after reading some procedure's for tablet based on rk2918, and the operations to do are the same..

Upvote 0
mipepim : no , i'm trying to boot from any update.img but it does not work , the device itself open for amoment and close again , i think it does not rooted from sdcard , any advise?

There are some Android Rokchip 2918 boxes with different base fw on a china market and no each custom fw is right for other box. It depends on what base fw a custom one was made. What was loading logo on your box? G-box or R-box? How many USB ports are on your box?
You need male to male usb cable for unbrickihg. If you have R-box, I shall give you my custom fv.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I got one of these of ebay about 2 weeks ago now and overall I'm pretty happy with it and what I might be able to do with it.
I have attempted a couple of different firmwares but have only had success using the USB cable method and the S12 firmware listed earlier on in this thread. I actually managed to brick it using the SD card method but brought it back with the toolkit provided with the S12 firmware.

I have also heard that Ice Cream Sandwich is being released for the RK2918 chipsets that these use I believe? so hopefully that comes soon...although to be honest I wouldn't5 imagine it will provide much more for us.

I'm looking to use this as my media center to replace an HTPC I have running W7MC with all the extras. Really keen on getting XBMC for android when its released!!!

I have run MKV's at 720p and 1080i using Mobo player which produced the best results. Picture was always perfect however is does not pass through audio over HDMI to my AMP to decode.

Happy times

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones