• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G Mail, I want to log out on the phone, help!

robinadair

Lurker
Aug 26, 2011
I'm a new forum member and a new Android phone user as well. I logged into my G mail account with my phone and it keeps making my tone sound every time I get a new e mail. I want to log out on my phone but I can't find anywhere to do this. Any help or answers would be appreciated. I don't mind using the phone for my E mail I just want to be able to log in and out when I want. Thank you.

Another option woud be to just turn off notifications for your Gmail account. You would still get your mail, but you wouldn't be constantly annoyed by the notifications and you chould check it at your convenience. To do this, open Gmail, choose the account (if you have more than one), tap the Settings button, choose More, then Settings, the tap the account name and scroll down to Email Notifications and uncheck it. I'd personally prefer this to either un-syncing the Gmail account or silencing the app. - MarkC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones