1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips G-shock watch buggy--- bluetooth loses connection--- POSSIBLY RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redfishsc, Jan 2, 2014.

1. redfishsc

redfishsc Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    Anyone else have random unwarranted disconnects from phone, or it suddenly won't get call/text alerts? Really frustrating lol.

EDIT: See below for more information but this seems to be the solution. On my phone, this didn't happen automatically. I found it just fiddling around. I'll let someone more knowledgeable than I explain what "Bluetooth Smart" is, but it seems to have fixed the issue on my phone/watch.

Advertisement

2. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    McMinnville, TN
    Yes. Mine will disconnect and show the upset dancing guy. Upside (on my Galaxy S4) at least it will reconnect without help from the S4. The Commando 4G usually needs to be told to reconnect in the BT menu.

3. mkhol

mkhol Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2012
    I get random disconnects and have to tell the phone to hook back up. It doesn't happen a lot but can't figure out any pattern to it. I've noticed when I turn the Bluetooth on, my phone always tries to pair up to my headphones even when they aren't around and the watch is......

4. callmecolt

callmecolt Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Happened to me so much I don't use the watch much anymore.

5. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    McMinnville, TN
    Now my Commando 4G will stay connected to the G Shock watch for a few minutes and drop the link. It will not reconnect from the watch its self. I finally turned the BT off on the watch. Not worth it. The Galaxy S4 is fine, if the link on the S4 does drop it will reconnect or I can start it from the watch.

6. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Male
    i dont know what everyones doing wrong, i can keep my watch connected as long as it stays in range

when i reconnect, i do need to connect from the phone(casio) when it is disconnected, i wish it would auto connect like you guys said the S4 does..

and im not throwing my watch in the corner because it doesnt ring with my phone... it still keeps the time, and looks boss.. send me yours if you aint gonna wear it? ill pay s/h or even paypal fees...

hrumph.

7. redfishsc

None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    I'm keeping mine because it's a G-shock and it's built like a tank (and, feels like you are wearing a tank on your wrist lol). If I'm wearing a watch at work, it needs to be made of unobtanium, and this is about as close to that as you can get (esp. for free!).

Has anyone tried using the G-shock app on the Commando? I don't know if it would work or not, I may try it tomorrow. If it works, perhaps it would offer a more stable connection.

8. redfishsc

None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    BTW I checked, you can't even put the G-shock app on your Commando 4G. Play store won't let you download it. So, the idea of using the app for (hopefully) a more stable connection..... wrong.

I'm fine with having a watch built like a tank. I'll use it at work, where a watch would pretty much have to be built like a tank to survive.

9. redfishsc

None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    Hey everyone, make sure you have the Bluetooth Smart box checked. Open your Bluetooth menu, tap the settings sprocket beside the Casio watch. Make sure the Bluetooth Smart box is checked. This may be part of the problem. My phone defaulted to NOT CHECKED.

10. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Male
  11. redfishsc

None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    I ran my phone all day today (12 hours so far) with having the "Bluetooth Smart" checked, and the watch acts as it should. Excellent.

I think this solved my issues with the watch being buggy.

My watch will show the NAME of the person texting me (as long as their name is in my contacts list). I've read posts from other folks saying that theirs will not show the name. Anyone having that issue?

I don't recall what it says when someone calls, I rarely get calls lol

Interesting, I'll look it up if I have to. I think I found the solution above though.

Just to repeat it for folks browsing this thread for a solution:

12. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    I have found that if I uncheck time synchronizing in Bluetooth Smart settings, the watch will stay connected.

13. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    McMinnville, TN
    Will try that myself. I use ClockSync (Atomic Sync) app. With manual time adjustment. That linked to the watch ensures nearly atomic sync. However I only need syncing once per day... Will try that thanks.

14. Ruyen

Ruyen Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2013
    Hmmmmm I have tried everything to keep it connected. When I go to reconnect it says Bluetooth LE has stopped working.

So for those that has watch's that stay connected, what settings do you have on the phone and on the watch???

15. brandennj

brandennj Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 20, 2013
    yea i have the same problem

the watch does not stay connected.

16. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    McMinnville, TN
    I tried both of these. However the watch and Commando 4G keep dropping. Smart is on and Time sync off....doesn't matter. Works PERFECTLY on my Galaxy S4 however.

17. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    McMinnville, TN
    I was hoping the 4.1.2 update (Doctoror ROM) would fix the connection issues between the Commando 4G and the G Shock watch. But nope...still drops connection within minutes of linking. :(

18. space wrangler

None

Jul 4, 2011
    Good thing most of us didn't actually pay money for this watch. I guess I actually did. I received two watches from Casio. I sold them both on eBay and bought the newer model. This was before the Jelly Bean update and my watch started disconnecting. As I have posted before, I have time sync unchecked, which keeps it connected most of the time. So, no automatic reconnect and no time sync. No wonder Casio was giving them away!

19. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    Male
    McMinnville, TN
    Guess that answers the question if the new model was better than the old. Aside from music control and remote alarm set (from watch to phone) I don't see an advantage. Its a shame that the watch works great on the Galaxy S4 but can't work on Casio's own phone.

20. Ruyen

Ruyen Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2013
    So figured after a few months I would pop this back to the top and see if there was any further solutions for keeping the watch connected to the phone?? Currently mine is sitting in the drawer wasting battery life.

I do like the watch but unless it is going to tell me something more valuable than the time it just isn't worth it for me.

21. redfishsc

None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    Nope, no info. Setting the smart bluetooth option helped, but my watch still randomly disconnects, and I often have to restart my phone in the mornings just to get the thing to connect with the watch.

My watch is coated with paint overspray, I am an industrial wood finisher/cabinet maker, and need a good beat'em-up watch... this one is quite good for that lol.

22. space wrangler

None

Jul 4, 2011
    Just performed the M050 update. Will test tomorrow to see if any G-Shock issues were addressed and resolved or improved.

23. Ruyen

Ruyen Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2013
    For me it improved the connection time. So far 1 disconnect. Which makes it 1000 times better than it was.

24. space wrangler

None

Jul 4, 2011
    No improvement.

25. teallin

teallin Newbie

Sep 19, 2013
    Male
    Glen Ridge DPW
    East Hanover NJ
    I did the update yesterday and it seems to have taken care of the bluetooth LE crashing