• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 Gets no service in DC - suddenly

Casper

Lurker
Nov 3, 2008
The day started like any other, I came to work, phone worked, etc...

Then i hear a song on the radio, pick up my G1 and open Shazam... and nothing. No connection.

Lucky for me I work right above a T-Mobile store, so I take a break and head down, and I am third in line behind 2 other guys with the same issue.

Not sure what the problem is, but the outage is only affecting G1 users.

Please, chime in if you are affected, or if you have had issues, and of course, please let me know if you know of a solution.

Thank you!

The day started like any other, I came to work, phone worked, etc...

Then i hear a song on the radio, pick up my G1 and open Shazam... and nothing. No connection.

Lucky for me I work right above a T-Mobile store, so I take a break and head down, and I am third in line behind 2 other guys with the same issue.

Not sure what the problem is, but the outage is only affecting G1 users.

Please, chime in if you are affected, or if you have had issues, and of course, please let me know if you know of a solution.

Thank you!

I live in DC -- Had my phone since OCT 22... never had and such problem ... maybe the towers went down in your section ... I am CapHill SE and Work in Crystal City Arlington VA...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones