1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support G1 going haywire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skyfall, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Skyfall

Skyfall Active Member

May 25, 2009
    OK,this has happened 4 times now and I need to get to the bottom of it...

My G1 worked fine for months after I bought it, but then one day my home button stopped working, my ringtones all changed and the phone stopped receiving incoming calls, the person calling would hear a ring and then it would go to answerphone. So eventually I restored the phone and it fixed the issue.

Then it worked fine for a month or so and happened again, it's strange, the settings on my phone just seem to go haywire, ringtones change to a certain one even if I change it, all sorts of settings are switched off or on when I didn't change them and again the home button stops working completely.

So after that it worked for a week and then did the same again but this time I decided to try installing some apps to see if it was one of those, but after I reset the G1 refused to get past the "android" boot screen no matter what I did, so I had to reset it again.

Now it's worked fine for about 2 weeks and done it again!

I thought maybe it was something to do with a program, but it doesn't seem to me that a program could do all of the things that are going wrong, also this last time I've maybe installed 2 - 5 programs at all so I don't see it being that.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I can say for sure that it doesn't coincide with the install of any programs/games. I'm almost at the point of throwing it out of the window!

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Sounds like an intermittent hardware failure. You have a One Year Warranty from TMobile ...so i would give them a call.

Tags: