• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 in for Repair

clarkkent28

Mar 22, 2009
;)

Hi guys my G1 went in for repair yesterday. I was having problems with signal strength and 3G reception. T Mobile said they have No record of this being a problem with the G1. So they gave me a loan phone which is a moto c140 which is very basic and no camera. Since i have had this phone my signal strength has gone right up to full bars. Could it be possible my G1 had a fault? Or something to do with the Antenna? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

;)

Hi guys my G1 went in for repair yesterday. I was having problems with signal strength and 3G reception. T Mobile said they have No record of this being a problem with the G1. So they gave me a loan phone which is a moto c140 which is very basic and no camera. Since i have had this phone my signal strength has gone right up to full bars. Could it be possible my G1 had a fault? Or something to do with the Antenna? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

It is most likey a radios issue with the hardware / software or both ... if you rooted the phone and didn't flash the proper radios ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones