1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G1 is really SLUGGISH?!?! Virus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Corn, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Corn

Corn Lurker

Okay, so here's the deal. My G1 has been very sluggish the last past two days. Everything is either really slow or is force closing. Even going through my settings is sluggish. Any ideas as to why?

G1 is rooted but haven't flashed any roms. Overclocked to 528mhz. Haven't downloaded or sideloaded any apps recently. I've only updated TWC app, that's about it. I've unrooted my phone to see if that fixed it, but it hasn't. So I'm rooted again and it works fine for a few minutes and then becomes unusable once again?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

P.S. (I'm not low on internal memory either)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

A G1 that's not low on internal mem? :)

You might find something hammering the CPU by looking at the battery stats. Sometimes a misbehaving app will jump out at you from the top of that list. If not (or if it's Android OS itself eating the cycles) I'm thinking a factory reset is in the cards.

3. Corn

Corn Lurker

I guess doing a factory reset is my only option. I like the G1 but it's time for a new phone. Hopefully the Galaxy S2 doesn't disappoint!

T-Mobile G1 Forum

The T-Mobile G1 release date was October 2008. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 192GB RAM, MSM7201A processor, and 1150mAh battery.

October 2008
Release Date
Reviews