• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 NOT showing up on Mac desktop!

lr4life

Lurker
Jul 12, 2009
So, my G1 is not showing up on my MacBook Pro desktop. I know that it should simply appear as a "no name" disk drive on my desktop, but for some reason, it simply will not.

I have tried both USB ports on my desktop and I have even tried to swap out my SD card for another and still it will not show up.

Anybody else having the same problem and if so, what can I do to fix it?

Do you know if the pc even detects the device being plugged in?

This is a long shot, betting on Mac OS's BSD-ancestry, but you might try to bring up a terminal and (after plugging in your phone) enter the dmesg command and look for any sign of USB activity near the end (bottom) of the file. If it doesn't list anything, it's not even detecting it (port/cable/phone malfunction), but if it does detect a plug-in, it's a software malfunction in either the phone or, more likely, your os, which unfortunately I'm not skilled to help you with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones